First sacrifice to Rocket Gods...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WiK

Site Admin
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just got back from a quick launch. First up: Fliskits Cougar 660 with a small Black crepe streamer on an A10-3t. Pop-lug worked perfectly. Weathercocked into the 14mph wind and deployed streamer before the ejection charge went off:eek:!

Recovered and saw that the flight had also stripped two fins off. (Mental note: Use more glue!)

Winds were picking up a bit, but I wanted to launch something else :rolleyes:. Prepped up my new Estes Skywriter which my mum got on sale for £3.99. Went up alright on a C6-5 but the wind carried it away over a motorway and over a housing complex. Looked for 2 hours but couldn't find it. :( One good thing is that I got a very good video of the takeoff... Download it here (2.6ish.mb)

Oh well,

Phil

That was a worthey sacrifice, Phil. Should keep the Rocketry Gods off your back, for a while! ;)

I was looking at the weather, this morning, thinking it would be ok for launching ... I had to work all day though! :( I'm glad somebody was able to make use of the good weather! :D

Well the weather was kinda good in the morning. No wind whatsoever but rained for half hour at 11. But Dad hadta go shoppin so I couldnt launch then :( The winds really picked up in the afternoon and I was debating wether to launch or not. But my mate told me to so I did :).

Phil

Back