first rocket vid

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevem

Reaction score
now take it easy on me guys - this is my first attempt at any kind of video. I took the video with a cheap X10 camera onto VHS and then loaded onto my PC and edited with Windows Movie Maker.
It's pretty cheesy but it was fun to do,
My son thinks its the coolest - ain't kids great?!

I hope to get a better camera someday. (maybe when I quit spending money on rockets and motors the household CFO will let me get a decent video camera!)

file is a Windows Media Player file, about 1.77M

any way don't laugh too hard...er, on the other hand, go ahead and laugh, it 's pretty laughable...
Rocket Rythm

Pretty good for a first try!!! Now you need to get a tower down video like the Gates Brothers do. I'd suggest leaving it regular speed on some of the flights so that the full effect can be captured. I like the beat!!!

Steve, what a lot of fun!!! definitely put a big smile on my face this morning!

I'm intrigued, I recognized many of the rockets but some I missed. what's that big "lunar express" one you put on the rail?

it was a fun - cheesy but fun! I'm thinking about how much more fun it might be if I had a decent camera:D

cls - do you mean the Duck Dodgers rocket?

glad it made ya smile - When I was copying the tape to my PC I noticed Justin mugging the camera. I had no idea he was behind me doing that while we were recording. We had a good laugh about it!
It seemed like a perfect ending to the video.

really can't ask for much more Jim - I have a great 9 year old son who just loves this hobby and we have a ball!!

GL-P - thanks! tower down video? you mean like a camera mounted on the top of the rail?

Back