First Post + CamoDRM

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKTurbo

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
My first post :)

Just thought I would introduce myself and show off a couple of pictures. I've been lurking on the board for a couple of weeks now....seems you guys like the classic der Red Max so here's a variation on the 'camo' theme. I didn't feel comfortable airbrushing the squiggle pattern so I went with a V2 ragged look.

camoDRM.jpg

Here's the rest of the collection. BTW...the Mars Lander is the only "survivor". I never would have thought that it would have lasted 25 years stored at my parent's house. I guess Mom knew it was special!

Rockets.jpg

John

Your a shoe in here at the Forum...

Great work John, and welcome to the forum.

welcome!!!!! Really good first post

great pics especially The camo max , very nice!!!!

and the Mars Lander looks to be in great shape

Awesome splinter pattern camo on the Red Max!! (The other rockets are not too shabby either!!)

Welcome, this is a fun lace to hang out.

Very nice pics! I'm also pretty new here. One thing I can say is that the people on this site are first class. All are willing to help and answer any questions you may have.

Thanks for the compliments!

Don....still have a Space Ranger to build too. My 12 yr old boy got that one from Santa. Right now he's working on a Baby Bertha. The younger, 8 yr old son is waiting for some warm weather so we can paint his Pratt Positron.

Next on the build list will probably be a Flis Praetor for the 12yr old. He's got some Christmas $$ to spend. We haven't called up FlisKits yet to place the order so we'll see if the rockets win out over Yu-Gi-Oh cards and GameBoy! It's his money to spend. I wish he would decide since it would be easy for me to slip a Duece's Wild in on the order w/o the "boss" noticing.

Like most BAR's, I'm making a mental list of all the old favorites I can build again.....Goblin....Gyroc...Orbital Transport...Scissor Wing...just not enough time! I saw a Red Max kit on eBay...price was up to $125 GASP!!! (mine are clones BTW)

John

Welcome John, great bunch on here, you will enjoy.

Great looking rockets )

John,

Welcome to the forum! That is a awesome paint job on the Der Red Max. I think it's the first one I've seen with the camo paint style, similar to the alternative style shown in the plans. Very cool!!

John,

Welcome to the forum. Very cool pics. I've never done a clone yet, but the der Red Max is calling my name!!

Hope the 12 year old goes for the Praetor for 2 reasons: 1) It's a really cool bird, and 2) you need a Deuce!

For incentive I've attached a picture of my Praetor...

Welcome!!!!

bmhiii

Welcome aboard, John.

Great rockets! I have to get some of my old ones cleaned ;up for pix like this.

As for the Praetor, great rocket. In fact I'm surprised it isn't a bigger factor in the rocketry community 'cuz it's one of my personal favorites :)

and the Deuce's Wild!... ...'nuf said :D

John,

As another BAR, I recently found a folder containing instructions for older Estes kits like the Magnum, Solar Sailor II, and the Deep Space Transport. I am really looking forward to building some of these kits again...maybe an upscale of the Solar Sailor II would be cool.

If you haven't been to JimZ site, you should definitely check it out. It will make cloning those old kits easier :D
https://www.dars.org/jimz/rp00.htm

- Jason

John, nice work on the rockets! (Nice work on the camo Red Max!
icon14.gif
Glad to hear you are getting the kids involved. Or, is it the other way around perhaps? ;) Either way, WELCOME to TRF!

Wow, an original mas lander! I have the mini one, will be modding it to fly on Apogee C6s.

...there is no rock like an old rock!!
Welcome to the forum kiddo! nice pics...

Oh give me a clone, where the buffalo roam...

I know, don't quit my day job!:D

Back