First Level 2 scratch build, upscale Estes Shadow

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nicely done Jim. Congratulations, welcome to Level 2.
You now have even more ways to spend your money!
-Chuck

Congrats Jim. Great accomplishment.

That photo off the pad with the clouds is amazing!

Nicely done Captain! And Low and Slow so you did it your way...low and slow! And a CTI motor!!! Woo hoo!!! We'll make convert you yet! :lol: Post that over in the CTI thread. Looks like the delay was perfect for the predicted alt, but about 2 seconds short on the actual. It looked like it weather cocked ever slow slightly just after liftoff. So perhaps OR was right for a straight flight. OTOH if you think it was straight then adjust the CD in the program to get the actual results for future flights.

Yeah, send me that first liftoff shot to indanapt Thats a yahoo email address... I'd like to muck about with the levels in the picture and post the result. Its a great shot as was mentioned due to the surrounding conditions.

Open thy wallet.... farther! :lol:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
:wave::wave::wave:

The lift off looked really cool! You've crafted a well performing rocket. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Nicely done Captain! And Low and Slow so you did it your way...low and slow! And a CTI motor!!! Woo hoo!!! We'll make convert you yet! :lol: Post that over in the CTI thread. Looks like the delay was perfect for the predicted alt, but about 2 seconds short on the actual. It looked like it weather cocked ever slow slightly just after liftoff. So perhaps OR was right for a straight flight. OTOH if you think it was straight then adjust the CD in the program to get the actual results for future flights.

Yeah, send me that first liftoff shot to indanapt Thats a yahoo email address... I'd like to muck about with the levels in the picture and post the result. Its a great shot as was mentioned due to the surrounding conditions.

Open thy wallet.... farther! :lol:

Yeah, that was definitely my best low and slow flight to date! I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. I could have drilled the delay to either 7 or 9 seconds, so I chose 9. I think 7 would have been too short. You're right, it did look like it weathercocked a bit. With those big fins, it's a little over stable. I just emailed the photo to you, I'm curious to see what you come up with.

AWESOME!:cheers:Congratulations Captain! Rocket LOOKS MEAN on the pad and in the air - great shots!

Congratulations!

Ari.

Awesome flight and build! Looks like it is time to update your signature.

Holy smokes that looks AWESOME on the SS going up!!!

Congrats Jim!!!

I am back to playing catch up...gimme next month! lol

Congrats!

And the 2nd shot from the right on post #293 has to be one of the best rocket shots I have ever seen. Between the landscape, clouds, black smoke - just awesome!

Thanks guys! I'd have to say, that photo that my son took is amazing!

Great job and congratulations Jim. I vote that your liftoff shot goes in the TRF calendar!

Very nicely done sir! Inspiring build and cert, makes me want to get started on something bigger. Great set of photos and videos also. A+

Congrats! Turned out great, loved reading through the thread. Always learn a ton from you ;D

Great build, great flight, fantastic pictures & video!! I never had a doubt! Congratulations Captain!!

Very nicely done sir! Inspiring build and cert, makes me want to get started on something bigger. Great set of photos and videos also. A+

Congrats! Turned out great, loved reading through the thread. Always learn a ton from you ;D

Congrats Captain !

Bob
TRA6797

Thank you guys! I sure had a lot of fun with this build!

Back