First launch report of 2010

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually they were all Flis Micros.

I flew the HEMV-4.....Little Doo-Hicky.....Honest John ans a scratch built Competitor-4

I got set up in the middle of the park when I realized I had left camera in car. Did not want to repack everything toget camera or risk some of my stuff "walking off" if I went to retrieve the camera, so no flight pics. But here are a couple of the rockets.

All flew very well several times.

100_2253.jpg

100_2260.jpg

100_2280.jpg

Attachments

• 100_3613.jpg
    100_3613.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 17
OK, what is an MMX? I thought Apogee used to make Mini-Motors. Is this the same thing?

How high do they fly?

Andrew
Dark Lord Of The Scratch Builders

OK, what is an MMX? I thought Apogee used to make Mini-Motors. Is this the same thing?

How high do they fly?

Andrew
Dark Lord Of The Scratch Builders

MMX stand for Micro Maxx, a line of 6mm motors from Quest. They are very small and the rockets can be difficult to work with for big, fumbling fingers. They can be fun though.

The Quest rockets do not perform very well and are sometimes called "Quest Plastic Bricks". Offerings from other companies can perform quite a bit better. Fliskits is known for their MMX line.

I will probably have a few at our January launch. Remind me and I'll make a point of digging them out.

I think they are 1/8 A in impulse rating.
You can see they are smaller than the igniters. The motors are 1inch long, can be staged, clustered or flown single.

In the above post I made there is a bar of soap on the sink that shows the scale of size.

Most can be flown on a field of 100 ft sq.

They really small ones might hit 125-150ft. Generally they go 50 -100ft in altitude. Making them a great rocket flying "fix" in between regular launches, because you can fly them just about anywhere.

Quest has a starter set on sale for 30.00 that gets you 30 motors and igniters, the launch pad and rail, plus controller and 7 little plastic rockets including a saucer that is my favorite.

Fliskits has the real deal though when it comes to real kits made of cardboard and balsa.

Come on over to the darkside with us !

They are also highly addictive for most of us. Once you try "it" there is no going back!

100_2263.jpg

I'm working on that Al, the tiny ant size bananas are gonna be the problem!

I'm not so good at THAT small decals.

Back