First launch of the new year

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian62

Reaction score
Greetings
Looking forward to starting the new flight season right. Going to a TORC local launch in Xenia Ohio that has a 6k ceiling. I have an amraam4 with the quantum tubing. Last year I flew it on a J135W for a great flight to 3334'. Then pushed it to our Quarkers field limit, 4500' on a J415W.
So, there may be a chance, I can get a K185W for this weekend. I am hopeful. This will be my largest motor to date and altitude reaching 1 mile, maybe.
Clear skies and light winds...please
Brian

Good luck on your K flight, I hope to make it down to 1 of your launches sometime this year.

thanks Fox. No go for the K thou, It was bit to breezy for me 10+ all day. We did have some J's go up and recovered!
Hope to see you down our way at TORC or Quarkers in future.
Brian

I know what your saying about the wind this past Saturday, SkyBusters was suppose to have a high power launch then and they postponed it do to the winds. I did manage to fly some high power rockets at my private flying field on Sunday though. Skybuster big GLMRMR launch is May 2nd & 3rd if anyone is interested. https://www.skybusters.org/Home.asp

Brian we're still waiting to see that K185 ;) Hey hopefully next month.
At least you flew something so it wasn't all bad :p I plan on flying my first 2009 K next month(maybe a K695R) So you have to burn yours then too.

Brian we're still waiting to see that K185 ;) Hey hopefully next month.
At least you flew something so it wasn't all bad :p I plan on flying my first 2009 K next month(maybe a K695R) So you have to burn yours then too.

The K695R is way cool!!! :D I flew it on my L2 cert flight as the first flight on my scratch built. It rocks.

Brian, that 5 lb Amraam 4 should be well over a mile on the K185, probably closer to two miles. My 7 lb 7.5 oz 4 inch scratch built went to 6,824 ft on the K695R and that only has 20Ns more total impulse then the K185. The 8 second burn on the K185 should really get it up there.

Back