3D Printing First Impressions Anycubic Kobra Plus 3D Printer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigMacDaddy

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Needed a taller printer and I cannot count on my Ender 6. The Kobra plus was on sale so thought I would give it a chance. Overall seems good so far - comes more or less fully assembled so only minimal assembly is required. Easy automatic leveling, good adhesion, and good sample / initial print (I just printed the file on the SD card it came with). Have not printed any rocketry stuff yet but will post more here.

1677443201914.jpeg 1677443211624.jpeg

One issue -- the y-axis was squeaking when the bed went all the way back (found this out before the above print). Turns out the squeaking was the bed insulation rubbing against the y-axis motor. When I checked things everything was totally out of alignment. The picture below is after I adjusted the motor down since it was pushed up and bent the bracket some since it seemed like it had been bent and was not aligned with the frame anymore. Prior to these adjustments the bottom belt was jammed up against the 2040 rail and the teeth would have totally been worn away if I did not notice this.

Given that the printer comes in two large assembled sections I think that it would be pretty easy for the motor that sticks off the rear to get hit -- either in the factory or during shipping (although everything was packed very well).

1677443687516.jpeg 1677443705662.jpeg

Anyway, I could not get the belt aligned much better than the above so I wound up 3D printing a 4mm spacer to get the belt aligned better in the middle of the extrusion. Not a terribly big deal but very glad I noticed this issue and not sure why this is so misaligned from the factory (even if they bracket was not bent I cannot see anyway that this would be aligned in the middle of the extrusion -- unless the gear was glued too far out on the motor in the printer I got). After fixing this the above owl print is what I got. nice quiet printer and better adhesion out of the box than I ever got with my Ender 6.

1677444370833.jpeg

Attachments

• 1677443341394.jpeg
    1677443341394.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Back