First flight certificate source?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillMarchant

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
We're holding a build-n-fly for a local youth group this weekend. It's been suggested that the participants (TARC age youth) might like a "first flight" certificate to take home. Before designing one from scratch, I did a quick google search but everything coming up was for L1 flights. Anyone have source for a certificate that they like? Thanks in advance!

Here's a suggestion from an AMA contest director. Turn out at pattern contests has been low for about 15 years, so we have to come up with creative solutions since we have less money from entry fees to work with. I designed simple certificates in PowerPoint with the name of the contest, date, and location. I leave space for a 4X6 photo. I export the certificates file to PDF, so the fonts become platform agnostic and take them to my local Pak Mail and have them printed on card stock.

During the contest, I take a photo of e very pilot with his/her airplane and have the photos printed at Walmart, CVS, or Walgreens. As the final standings become known, I use double sided tape to attach the photos to the certificates and place each in a frame from Walmart.

If you like, I can design a certificate for your kids and leave a guide for a photo of each kid with his/her rocket.

Rob

Great stuff, Rob, thanks! I know I said “first” in the subject line, but I’m thinking there may be some of the participants that have flown before. So I suggest dropping that word. Then this becomes a general purpose item.

That’s a great Saturn V photo. I bet there’s a SLS photo that could balance it.

Let.me see what I can find. My recommendation is to personalize it. Who knows what you may inspire these young people to accomplish. Model Aviation and Model rocketry started me on my journey to become an aerospace engineer and career Air Force officer.

You can get "certificate paper" from office supply stores or Amazon. It's blank in the middle with swirly curliques around the outside edges. Makes whatever you print in the middle a lot nicer.

I'm almost certain that, a few years back, when the NAR was promoting a drive to fly 50,000 for our 50th anniversary, that there was a downloadable certificate that could be printed on cardstock and given out. Pretty sure I gave some out to Cub Scouts that flew, but I can't find that on the NAR website any longer. Maybe someone remembers and still has a copy of that file laying around?

Back