first ever traffic accident....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-Rex

Ordinary Average Guy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday evening I had my first ever traffic accident while on the road. (OK, I have had a couple bumps in parking lots as well).
I was merging left and failed to check my blind spot. Clipped the front right corner of a tow-truck with the left rear corner of the stealth minivan. Nobody hurt, just damage to both vehicles.

I was surprised when the insurance company said I still have full coverage (thought we dropped to liability only that after it was paid off).
We'll see if the van can be repaired or gets totaled out. To me it looks like it is unibody construction, which I'm guessing would total it out (2003, KBB value about $4000). Supposed to talk to the body shop on Monday morning. We'll see what they come up with.

Didn't sleep well last night, kept playing the accident over and over in my head.

Been on a losing streak since the end of May. Transmission, 2 unrepairable flats and now this... :cry: Thought I was correcting my evil ways, but must be doing something really bad still. Maybe I should build a rocket, haven't worked on one in a long time (months).

Man, that stinks! Glad you are OK, though. Good luck with the insurance company and the repairs.

Last time I was in an accident, I was actually able to pocket some of the $ from the insurance company by 1) finding replacement parts on craigslist rather than a junkyard (driver door - $50 vs $500) and 2) finding a body shop that would just replace the door and paint only the door, rather than trying to blend it to all the other body panels. My car was of similar vintage and value as I recall.

Back