First Day of Launching in 39 Years

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VonRecktofen

Reaction score
Hey Gang,

Made my return to model rocketry this weekend after 39 years....Small stuff first...

Estes Nike X on B6-4's
Estes Nike Smoke on B6-4's
Estes Goblin aka "The Banana" on C6-3...

Each ship went up twice, the Nike X blew it's nosecone off the kevlar shockcord on the second launch, but I recovered it... The Nike Smoke flew next twice on B6-4's, second flight had the 808 keychain taped on to it, but the mini SD card wasn't functioning properly.... 2 successful flights nonetheless....
The Goblin flew twice, second flight with 808 cam (still not recording), the landing popped one fin off by tearing the tube paper with it....Successful all in all, can't wait to have onboard video as well...

Next step is to get some bigger/higher stuff launched, deployed, and recovered.... Working towards L1 cert by the end of the season...

Cheers!
Franz in NJ

Your video isn't working for me. I'm getting a generic "an error occurred". A word of warning. This hobby is addicting!

Your video isn't working for me. I'm getting a generic "an error occurred". A word of warning. This hobby is addicting!

Sorry, if you click on the second link, you might be able to see it...

I’ll try to post a better link tomorrow...

Yup, I’m already hooked again after 39 years!��

Welcome back VonRechtofen !

Not sure why your links don't work. I found your vids on Youtube and just cut and pasted the URLs here:

[video=youtube;isTZaewaOqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isTZaewaOqY[/video]

Hi Folks,
Gonna try this again, I posted a better version of the 2 camera view...
[video=youtube;JGfkNFySTTw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGfkNFySTTw[/video]

Lets try this one....

Thanks!

Welcome back - beware, the BAR bug bites hard! :D

Do some mid power F/G stuff, and then it’s a easy step to HPR. Take your time, enjoy the journey.

Nice job on the videography. Even after flying high power L2 rockets I still get a big kick from my Goblin on a "mighty" D. Those fins just want to pop off somtimes. I got tired of elaborate repair/repaint schemes and just reattach with CA in the field.

Franz-

Welcome back - I am also a BAR - Born Agan Rocketeer , after 36 years off. There are a couple of clubs in NJ where you can fly HP and work towards your L1 Cert. A Club I am associated with is Radical Rocketeers, which flys in Great Meadows , NJ. All newcomers are welcome ad the members of the club are helpful is answering questions and giving advice. I have found the same to be true at all of the other clubs I have flown with. Check out the NAR websites and you will see a list of all the clubs in NJ and the dates that they fly. Good Luck and Welcome Back

Steve

Back