First 2004 CMASS LAUNCH!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me>:kill: <you (you asked for it...)

Now ill go through your wallet... And then your range box....:D ;) :p OOO... A J350... and a case for it too...Up goes the ol mach buster...;)

So, ya comin?:D ;) :p :(

snif... sniff... whine... sniffle..

The launch is (if some more people come) this weekend... you dont got much time!:D ;) :( :( :( :(

yeah that J350 is mine....I will fight you for it

Doug pass me the gun.....the noise is like fingers n a chaulkboard...and I am only reading it

:eek: EEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Run away!! Run away!!!! Run away!!!!!!!:eek: :p

Your J350... Yours. Not mine. Yours. Nice ryan.... Niiiiice ryan...;) :p :eek:

Cmon... dont you all want to hop in your cars and drive up to Maine? Its supposed to be over 60 this weekend up here! Perfect for a launch!!! 60 and sunny!:cool:

OBTW Ryan... They are working on scheduling some EX days this year... That should make you happy! Dontcha want to come and scope out the field, and convince Doug to bring his (yours, actually...) J350 up with him???:D ;)

Cmon, itll be a buitiful day!!!:D

sounds pretty cool,....LOL I am not gonna drive up to fly something like a J350 I will need to get some bigger motors....I dont know if that is possible though

Originally posted by Neil
[B

Cmon... dont you all want to hop in your cars and drive up to Maine? Its supposed to be over 60 this weekend up here! Perfect for a launch!!! 60 and sunny!:cool:

[/B]

Well, it's gonna be 80 and sunny at Kloudburst this weekend

:p :p :D ;)

Originally posted by Ryan S.
yeah that J350 is mine....I will fight you for it

Correction... It is mine... my precious..... ;) (LOTR)

I may need that motor for the May 1st launch. I'll let you know after Whitakers...

Yours? oh, is ryan assuming that you will not burn it and keep it to trade to him? now I get it...:D ;)

Well, you could always swing by some rocket place and get yourself something to fly your MI on...:D ;)

Amidst the flurry of assorted smiley faces used in multiple instances Infor no apparent reasons, I have a question. (a few, actually)

Do you have a waiver? How big is the field? How many people do you fly with? How much are range fees? Is there any specific reason that makes it better than the field I fly on?

Waiver... Yes.. It is 4900 ft.
Field is rated up to J motors... although K's are sometimes allowed if prior approval is made. There are usually over 20 different flyers, launching over 300 rockets in a 6 to 8 hour period. No launch fees. Amesbury is good because the field is relativly easy to walk on... (unlike some fields I been to), people in this club seem to be nicer, and the organization of CMASS far surpases any other rocket club I ever belonged to...

sounds cool to me, I have always wanted to get out to a CMASS or CATO launch...

Unfortunately we just had to cancel CATO for this weekend, Our field was, this afternoon under anywhere between 5-7" of water. Being clay we know there is no way it will be ready for a Sunday launch.

We are looking into getting a 6000' waiver for next weekend, although there are two things working against us.

1) Time

2) Our field is a functional corn farm, and we are approching planting season. Once the corn is in, we are all done until Autumn.

I'm going to try for METRA this Sunday. It's about an hour and change past Danbury on I84. According to Bobby of Hangar 11, the actual location is in Pine Plains NY. They are rated for up to M and have a 12,000' waiver.

It's actually Waywayanda NY. Pine Plains is the CTRA launch site. CTRA has a launch this coming weekend at their new field in Hurley NY. The following weekend there is another CTRA launch in Pine Plains. Both are good sized fields with 4500' waivers. I will not be able to make it to the Hurley launch, unfortunately:(

www.CTRA-NARCONN.org for information. I highly suggest going, great club!

DPATELL

Will you be at Pine Plains this weekend? I could use all the TRF support I can get as I try for my L1.

I'll be using either the AT Sumo / H165R

or

PML MiniBBX on an Ellis I69

If your talking about Pinetree about the waivers, I think we get 8K with windows to 17,999' (dont ask me why we didnt get the full 18K...:confused: ).

The most people i have seen at a Pinetree launch is 20 or 30.

There are a lot more than 20 people at CMASS launches from what I have seen! Maybe not very many people who fly stuff, but a lot of spectators. Theres always a line at the RSO's desk...:kill:

Hospital_Rocket

I will be at the CTRA-NARCONN launch on Sunday, April 25th in Pine Plains. I think you are referring to the METRA launch in Waywayanda, NY.

Good Luck with your L1.

Again good luck, should be a great launch. I hear only good things about METRA, and should make it out to at least 1 launch this season, it's only 2 hours away...M capable, too.

OK. Your safe now ryan.;) :p

The launch up here just got called because of lack of interest.:kill: That makes 5 times in a row....:(

why am I safe?

Dan I need to get up to METRA....we should meet up there when they have a 2 day

Because will not need to hear my horrible salesmanship anymore! the launch got called off due to lack of interest.

Well I've been in Boston without internet access for the past week... and in the week that passed, the launch got cancelled :mad: Oh well. Actually, we drove out there today *not* knowing the launch was cancelled, and found the field pretty easily. It was deserted (obviously...) but actually quite dry. We drove up (in beautiful weather) and there were some soccer games going on, so we parked and I walked out along the dirt road to where the launch looked like it should be... but nobody there. Oh well, I suppose I'll be able to make it back for the next one!

I hope you guys have a great time at your first launch of the season! :)

Well, my dad should have been working today... But he had origionally taken the day off for the launch, so we are just having a nice "father-son" day! My mom and sister are in Philly, so we went and played 9 holes of golf! We went to two courses, and both of thier driving ranges were still not open, so we just decided to play. I got like 10 on the first hole (a par 4), but I improved gradually... I actually got two pars!!!:D :) :cool: And a bogey, and a pair of double bogeys! Thats MUCH better than I did last year... Last year it was all quintuple bogeys at the best...:eek: Not bad for my first round of golf with no time on the driving range, huh?:D ;)

So I am feeling very pleased with myself, as you can imagine;) :eek: My dad didnt actually have his clubs with him, so he just walked around and was my caddy for half the time... But we still had fun.

And the days still going! we are going to order some stuff from Giant Leap, then get our rail guides, then maybe slot my dad's tube for his fins (which I cut last week). So we are having a pretty good day! No where near as good as if we had gone to a rocket launch, but considering the circumstances....:kill:

I hope the field stays good untill may 1... Is it possible to get a waiver for next weekend so we can launch then? That would be fun... How long does it take to get a waiver? (a long time, im guessing...:( )

Originally posted by Neil
How long does it take to get a waiver? (a long time, im guessing...:( )

From the beginning of the process, FAA requires at least 45 days. I've submitted waivers and had them verified in that brief period of time, FAA is one of the government agencies that I *like* dealing with :p However, some clubs have a "standing waiver" that just needs to be activated by calling in. Then it's just a matter of one 45-day app at the beginning of the year, then a phone call to activate it for the day you need it. I'm not sure how CMASS is though. Wish I could tell you ;)

BTW, Boston was great (in between the college tours... MIT, Hahvahd, and Dartmouth among others), but the launch site made me claustrophobic! You guys gotta make it out to Black Rock or Lucerne sometime... THOSE are launch sites!

Back