Firestreak SST...meh

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainVideo

Reaction score
I was actually looking forward to this rocket, as there is no glue required so you can assemble it in an hour or so. That's the theory. The reality was that two of the fins that were supposed to "snap in" did not. One got some tension on it, but the other was so loose it kept falling out. Sooo, out came the testors in the red tube and now the rocket is sitting upside down in a tp roll while the glue dries. So much for the "quick build". Maybe I just had bad luck as I don't recall reading any reviews where people had issues with the fins. While the fix was simple I don't like having to jerry rig something that I bought brand new.

Naw, the glue worked and the rocket is built. Did wind up trashing a crossfire though. Injection molded plastic is the lovechild of ass and hate, always loathed it. Hacking away at plastic with an exacto knife sucks. I've built more complex rockets than the crossfire, but they were wood and glue, balsa being very easy to cut. I don't know who said patience comes with age, I have a lot less now than I did when I was younger.

Back