Firestorm 54 build - need help

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicmeister

Reaction score
Hi, I am in the process of building a Giant Leap Firestorm 54 - fiberglass with dual deployment. I have the version with the lower stage one piece, 36 inches long. I need to epoxy (JB Weld) a hardpoint (for hock cord etc) 13 inches from the fore end. What is the best way to place the epoxy inside the 2 inch tube? I am thinking of a long brush or other tool but am wondering if any better ideas. Thanks

A long stick will work, just be sure to use some wax paper on the inside of the part of the tube that you DON'T want to glue... otherwise it will get all over and you'll have to clean it up afterwards (or sand it out, which is really a big PITA).

I made a tool accidently one day by laying a popsicle stick covered in rocketpoxy onto a dowel on my bench. By the time I discovered it, they had bonded together. So, instead of fighting it, I marked it each inch with a sharpie. Now I put a piece of tape on it where I want to put the glue, and go to town knowing the glue is in the right spot.

.......just be sure to use some wax paper on the inside of the part of the tube that you DON'T want to glue...

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!

I made a tool accidently one day by laying a popsicle stick covered in rocketpoxy onto a dowel on my bench. By the time I discovered it, they had bonded together. So, instead of fighting it, I marked it each inch with a sharpie. Now I put a piece of tape on it where I want to put the glue, and go to town knowing the glue is in the right spot.

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!

I made a device really similar to this remote epoxy injection tool: https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?127872-Remote-epoxy-injection-tool

It's really slick and the best way I've found to put epoxy into the tube.

Back