Firefox

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidQ

Reaction score
This is not the Dynastar Firefox model.

I encountered an image of this one as part of Shrox' midpower rockets, captured in an image with a midpower X-3 and an SHX-15. Originally, I wasn't totally sure what it was, since it differed from the Dynastar Firefox. But, once I finally bought my Firefox kit from Dynastar, I was sure that I could make out the fox logo, the russian star, and the CCCP in the illustration. So, I built it as a Firefox, older style.
Again, a BT-70 model, which I built as a rear eject. Smoother nose seams, and interchangeable engine mounts.

Attachments

• Firefox SHX older.JPG
    Firefox SHX older.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 73
  • shroxmidpower.jpg
    shroxmidpower.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 71
This version of the Firefox is likely more recognizable. In fact, it is one of Shrox's very recognizable designs, with the split in the center.

Outside of some of the really exotic rockets - like the Europa Probe - this is about the largest diameter rocket of the Shrox fleet. It's a BT80 sized rocket. With rear eject on mine, if you were noticing a theme. Thus, no seam in the middle of the window.

I cloned this from the kit I bought from Apogee, using basswood for the various parts. It came out a bit heavier, but that's what bigger engines are for, right?

Attachments

• Firefox Dynastar.JPG
    Firefox Dynastar.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 72
Back