Firefox Enterprises very disappointing Customer Service

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acer88

Reaction score
I am very disappointing in Firefox Enterprises or better known by their website address firefox.fx.com. I purchased some product for a considerable amount of $$$ back on May 4th. They have my information on file so they invoiced my credit card and then they went silent. I have called their phone # which instructs you to use their email address for any correspondence.

They do not answer or reply to e-mails, so I have been waiting for nearly a month hoping that the products would miraculously show up at my doorstep..... Not yet.

at first I thought maybe it was in part due to the pandemic, but I am not so sure anymore.

anyone else have issues or problems with this company?

I ordered chemicals recently that were out of stock. Skylar emailed me promptly and let me know and asked about substitution options. I suggest emailing before you order. If you get no response then go else where.

They are still doing that? I thought they went out of business two years ago after they screwed me out of ten pounds of AP. You do business with them, you take your chances. I threatened to drive there in person, but I suspect they would hide behind curtains until I drove away.

Firefox is horrible and this is well-known in the fireworking community; for example: https://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/topic/13441-firefox/?hl=firefox . Or: https://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/...thru-to-firefoxs-customer-support/?hl=firefox . It's been well over a decade since they got in trouble and received an injunction against them by the CPSC and ATF for selling all-in-one DIY M80 kits (details at: https://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/civil/legacy/2014/01/09/Firefox_injunction_opinion.pdf ), which is the reason they can only sell ridiculously low quantities of common unregulated chems like KNO3 -- 1 pound per year without a BATFE Manufacturer (not User) license! You cannot purchase more than 25 feet of safety fuse/year without an ATF license. Or any paper tube shorter than 10", believe that? Paper tubes are restricted items!!! AP is not restricted, but good luck ever receiving it. Guess they brought it on themselves for restarting bad habits after a previous temporary injunction expired. Now they are under permanent injunction. A message from the CPSC...

Their online "catalog" looks extensive but they seem to keep essentially no stock on hand. They require you to email a copy of your DL or other government ID to do business. Silly additional charges ($3.85 UPS non-hazardous "box charge"/$6-12 UPS hazardous "box charge" whatever that is, in addition to $29 hazmat fee, if appropriate; 3% order processing fee, all before shipping costs are added). And the 3% processing fee is charged on your shipping costs, too! Ordered once from them and learned my lesson quickly. Yup, clearly asked to confirm shipping charge total before completing my order. But no. They billed my credit card immediately. And then after an email and phone call with Diane about an out-of-stock item---complete silence. No confirmation that order was shipped. No tracking number, ever. Diane Purrington, co-owner, stopped answering her phone and stopped responding to emails. Sent several messages to cancel my order but never got a reply. I put a stop on my Visa payment and 2 days later my order shipped (nearly a month since purchase date). Tough luck.

Diane and Gary had a good reputation years ago, I'm told, and I know nothing about them as people--good or bad. But all reports indicate that their business dealings have been nothing but shady since they got busted for selling DIY explosive kits. I have not heard a single positive experience about them in many years, although the complaints and disappointments are numerous. If you need AP or other basic chems, without limits or needing to provide identification, check out Chris at fireworkscookbook.com or Tim at pyrochemsource. Both excellent vendors that I've dealt with many times. You'll have your order within a week maximum. AP's rather pricey right now, but I recall reading that it might begin being produced stateside again in the future, which might drop prices.

Though Firefox supposedly sells igniter kits, they can easily be reproduced at a fraction of the cost from supplies easily obtained from more reputable vendors. Can't discuss formulation specifics on this forum, but my 99% reliable igniters (for either BP or composite motors) cost literally pennies each. The only item they had/have that is difficult to find elsewhere is pure nitrocellulose (only 12% nitration so no ATF license needed--no shipping restrictions) but you can substitute this with Behlens/Mohawk guitar lacquer (Amazon) or any single- or double-base smokeless powder without a problem (latter option cheapest and already contains stabilizers; you want thin flat wafers for shotshells, not hard granular rifle powders--they take forever to dissolve in acetone or MEK).

In the interest of fairness, if anybody has had a positive experience with Firefox within the past year or two, that information deserves to be shared, too.

Last edited:
I have never had any problems when I order from Firefox. I don't order very often, maybe once every two or three years for the past fifteen years or so. I placed an order on 01/14/2021. It was five lbs. 200 mic Kerr Mcgee rotory round, one 4" roll teflon tape and some 12" wide carbon cloth. UPS delivered it on 01/30/2021. I really liked the way the AP was packaged in vacuumed heavy duty ziplock bags.

In the interest of fairness, if anybody has had a positive experience with Firefox within the past year or two, that information deserves to be shared, too.

My last order from Firefox was after they got busted by the CPSC, but probably 7 or 8 years ago. I got my order, but it took a while.

I can 2nd Chris and Tim listed above. I have purchases from both online and from Tim at PGI.

I have never had any problems when I order from Firefox. I don't order very often, maybe once every two or three years for the past fifteen years or so. I placed an order on 01/14/2021. It was five lbs. 200 mic Kerr Mcgee rotory round, one 4" roll teflon tape and some 12" wide carbon cloth. UPS delivered it on 01/30/2021. I really liked the way the AP was packaged in vacuumed heavy duty ziplock bags.
I'm really glad you had a recent positive experience. A few more might balance things out and regain potential customer confidence.

Skylar told me they ran out of the old kerr mgee some time ago. You probably some Chinese 200, which isn't that bad but not Km likely.

It depends. Sometimes you get good service. Other times not so much. I've called and called to no avail. I ordered a quart of IPDI over 2 months ago and never heard a word. I send several email. Nothing. I've called Skylar and can't get him to answer. I don't know what to do now. I didn't pay much for the IPDI but that's not the point. I have other isocyanates I use but I would like the IPDI I paid for. Oh well...

It depends. Sometimes you get good service. Other times not so much. I've called and called to no avail. I ordered a quart of IPDI over 2 months ago and never heard a word. I send several email. Nothing. I've called Skylar and can't get him to answer. I don't know what to do now. I didn't pay much for the IPDI but that's not the point. I have other isocyanates I use but I would like the IPDI I paid for. Oh well...
Reverse the charges on your credit card--what are you waiting for? It's overt fraud/theft! You'll immediately be refunded. It'll take all of 10 minutes. Believe me, all the major CC companies know about this clown show; I'm just amazed that they still let them process transactions...

Shark. I sort of hate doing that. I have dealt with them and they have EVENTUALLY come through. I paid for a quart of IPDI. It's only about $35. I used to be able to speak with Skylar but not more. I suppose I'm going to have to do what you've said.

I am very disappointing in Firefox Enterprises or better known by their website address firefox.fx.com. I purchased some product for a considerable amount of $$$ back on May 4th. They have my information on file so they invoiced my credit card and then they went silent. I have called their phone # which instructs you to use their email address for any correspondence.

They do not answer or reply to e-mails, so I have been waiting for nearly a month hoping that the products would miraculously show up at my doorstep..... Not yet.

at first I thought maybe it was in part due to the pandemic, but I am not so sure anymore.

anyone else have issues or problems with this company?

I got this 8 days ago and nothing as no answer me but they got my 45 dollars out of my bank...so i dont know what is going on ... TSWHIST Whistle tool set $25.50 8 oz/set
9/16" ID X 13 1/2" LONG X 3/32" WALL
(YELLOW COLORED)
#0 Aerial, heavy wall (snug fit), Fountain Tube, Whistle tube (fits TSWHIST tool set cut into 6 pcs), Signal Lights, Smoke devices, Flares, Repeaters, Strobe lights, Proximity FX. Cut to desired lengths.

I got this 8 days ago and nothing as no answer me but they got my 45 dollars out of my bank...so i dont know what is going on ... TSWHIST Whistle tool set $25.50 8 oz/set
(YELLOW COLORED)
#0 Aerial, heavy wall (snug fit), Fountain Tube, Whistle tube (fits TSWHIST tool set cut into 6 pcs), Signal Lights, Smoke devices, Flares, Repeaters, Strobe lights, Proximity FX. Cut to desired lengths.

Thanks for joining a rocketry forum and resurrecting a 1 year old thread to let us know you didn't get your fireworks stuff.

(YELLOW COLORED)
Have you called or emailed them?

(YELLOW COLORED)
Diane Purrington died a month or two ago. Son Skylar and Dad Gary are inactive; I would say more but expect they are grieving so will not. It is unlikely you are going to ever get your order. Reverse charges on your credit card, if possible.

Streub, a lot of folks on other reputable experimental rocketry sites (and yes, fireworking sites too--completely legal) used Firefox since long ago when they were reliable to buy hard-to-source items such as boron, AP, etc., for ignition and propulsion. And a lot of folks are still wondering where their orders went.

Diane Purrington died a month or two ago. Son Skylar and Dad Gary are inactive; I would say more but expect they are grieving so will not. It is unlikely you are going to ever get your order. Reverse charges on your credit card, if possible.

Streub, a lot of folks on other reputable experimental rocketry sites (and yes, fireworking sites too--completely legal) used Firefox since long ago when they were reliable to buy hard-to-source items such as boron, AP, etc., for ignition and propulsion. And a lot of folks are still wondering where their orders went.

Diane died over a year ago.....

Also, I have been buying from them for over 20 years. I know all about them.

I have tried to call and to email Firefox. I sent them the requested (I guess by a BOT) order ID info. Nothing.
I get automated responses or voice mail. Nothing more.
Draw your own conclusions.

I initiated an action with my CC company and was informed today that a TEMPORARY credit has been issued to my account and that the vendor has 45 days to respond!!! I doubt my CC company will have any more luck getting in touch with them than I did.

Back