Firefly Igniters?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GL-P

Reaction score
I bought 15 firefly igniters. I was told they work great in really small nozzels. I had one flight that lit first time. At the next launch I set up my rocket and pressed the button. Nothing. On closer inspection we discovered the insulation had melted off and the igniter seem to have shorted out. I ended up burning 4 igniters this way. Hmmph!

Anyone have the same problem? The wires seem to have too much resistance or maybe the head of the igniter is shorted out. I got my rocket to fly but I don't know what to do with $10 worth of igniters. Anyone with the same problems?

I've not familiar with them, but are you using them within specification? i.e voltage, current, etc. How did your measured resistance compare against the spec?

They didn't come with a spec. I used them on the same pad and battery at both launches. Only the first time did they work though.

I dunno then. Maybe there's variability between the igniters. Are the ones you have left all the same resistance? Do you happen to know the resistance of the ones you already used?

Should probably check it.

$15 for 10 igniters. Waste 5 in one day :mad: :kill:

Back