FIRE PROOF - Super-Material That Can Be Made In The Kitchen (a form of Starlite?)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Allen

Reaction score
Just saw this video..blew me away. Can it really be this simple?

3 simple ingredients. This could be rolled out to a burrito shape and a chute inserted inside.

This bears further investigation.

Pretty darn neat.

Mix it up, roll it out, form over a cup...how long do we let it cure...or do we just powder up the inside so the 'chute doesn't stick to the dough.

Maybe set up the burrito so it zippers letting the 'chute escape...drouge zipper?

Possibilities, possibilities...

Oh, biodegradable?

While that is very cool, and no doubt has many useful applications, I don't see how it is more efficient than a simple Nomex blanket for protecting chutes. Are people really burning up their chutes?

I was thinking that if body tubes could have a thin layer of thin on the inside, it could prevent tubes from burning up from motor catoes.

If he cracked the secret... Screw the (dead) original creator, and give THIS guy a Nobel Prize for Chemistry. The potentials for Starlite are well worth it.

Last edited:
Crazy that it is just corn starch, baking soda, and Elmer's Glue. Really need to try this when I get time. But more for the wow factor than any practical usage.

Back