FIRE BANS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stardust

Reaction score
FIRE BANs STINK...in the western part of the USA..What the! I thought geoengineering would have gotten us rain in Colorado..At Least once a week! by now! So much for the HARP program..guess it is only good for a skip weapon..eeheh One would think , microwave heating of a 500 cubic mile+ chunk of atmosphere..and letting it cool and collapse into a low pressure, would rain more.. Oh Well..

To heck with the White Man's science. A rain dance is the only way. I am at least 1/64th Nebraska Ponca, is that enough?

Singing: "I don't care what the white man say, its getting mid-day and I want to launch!"

Maybe they can get a temporary rocket launch exemption up in Park County. Just some good ole boys up there.

You could always move east where the heat won't kill you ... it's the humidity!

Give and take. At my field, we can't launch above 17,000', but we have never had a fire ban or a sparky ban that I know of.

That's what HellFire is for. A huge launch in the middle of the summer in the middle of the salt flats. We don't got no fire restrictions. Come on down.

What part of CO? SCORE in Pueblo launches twice a month, even when everyone else is under fire ban.

scronline.net

We had two monthly launches in a row cancelled due to dry conditions followed by a launch cancelled due to a flooded field. Florida, the rules are different here.

We had two monthly launches in a row cancelled due to dry conditions followed by a launch cancelled due to a flooded field. Florida, the rules are different here.

Sounds just like the Denver Metro launch site two years back. If the rules are different the results are the same: BANNINGS! Just have to vent and then seek greener pastures. The law always wins. Just put yer head down, get in line and start marching to your next shift, just like they did in that old silent move Metropolis.

Sounds just like the Denver Metro launch site two years back. If the rules are different the results are the same: BANNINGS! Just have to vent and then seek greener pastures. The law always wins. Just put yer head down, get in line and start marching to your next shift, just like they did in that old silent move Metropolis.

As someone who lives in a wooded area and saw wildfires within a mile of my house, I have no problem with burn bans when they are necessary. One afternoon we listened to the local fire department's radio traffic on a scanner as they battled a fire that had already destroyed some buildings at a Girl Scout camp and threatened homes in the area. The fire was literally in the back yards of the homes. Some residents lost sheds or whatever, but none of the homes were seriously damaged. I think we can skip launching rockets for a little while to avoid even the smallest chance that we might endanger our neighbor's homes or put firefighters at risk.

Last edited:
Back