Finished my Sptifire!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike

Reaction score
Hey all,
Just thought I'd post a pic of my finished ACME Spitfire. I used the skins dowloaded off the internet but I found them a bit of a pain to use so I painted the fins and nosecone black.

Pretty pleased with it, the 16" chute seems a bit small though? Should get to fly it next weekend...can't wait to see the look on peoples faces!

Great lookin' Spitfire Mike! I hope it draws as much attention as you hope for! I plan on painting my Spitfire like the one in the cartoon, which, IIRC, had a silver body with red fins and NC. Then again, I have to actually *build* the rocket first! :rolleyes:

BTW, I think you were just trying to up your post count! :kill: :p

Jason

AWWWW MAN, GREAT FINISH JOB!! I tell you, the paint job can really affect my desire to do certain projects.

I love it :)

Oh, and for those of you going to NARAM, we're working on an idea involving an ACME fly-off and/or "peoples choice" contest, so if you're going, get yer acme's ready!

If it pans out I will be posting details here and on site.

jim

Originally posted by jetra2
BTW, I think you were just trying to up your post count! :kill: :p
Nobody would be that sneaky - would they? ;)

Cool Spitfire, Mike. :D

:eek: I would never do somthing like that just up my post count!

:eek: I would never do somthing like that just up my post count!

Your selected paint scheme makes your Spitfire look like it will make a nice decorative accessory in the room where the picture was taken... :p

Thanks all,
What kind of altitude does the Spitfire get on an Estes D12-3? I only need a rough answer, its pretty difficult to work anything out with this model!

I'm hoping to fly it this weekend but don't want to risk it if the weather/field is unsuitable.

My rough guest-a-mate is about 450 feet or 100 meters...more or less.

She's kinda draggy!

sandman

Great thanks Sand, I couldn't geuss how she'd perform. Since she's a pretty low flier I should be alright flying her this weekend, have to see what's its like on the field though.

Not only is she draggy, but she's heavy to boot. Fairly low altitude, then she comes down quicker due to her mass

She is a great flyer on C11-3's too!

Watch out for the strong ejection charges on those D12's... the motor hook in my ACME has already ripped backwards into the motor tube... and it was glued in place before...

I love the paint scheme btw :)

She's still grounded :(

Meant to fly her today along with my Deuce and Corona but the launch was rained off. Everyone sat hoping it would clear untill gone 1PM but showed no sign of letting up so we abandoned. Hopefully I'll get another chance in a few weeks.

Originally posted by Fore Check
Your selected paint scheme makes your Spitfire look like it will make a nice decorative accessory in the room where the picture was taken... :p

I agree.!
-Karl

Back