Finished Kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carldoc

Reaction score
Well, it took me a while but I finished several kits from several vendors. The first ones are from Squirrel Works. One is the Goblin before it was stopped being sold and the other is the Stinger.

This is my Custom collection. The Razor kits have a sticker that made that pattern. The Black/White kit is made to take "D" engines. It flew, and man does that thing go!. I am suprised I got it back.

These are the Thrustline kits. 2 kits are clones....the Astron Drifter and the X Ray.

Man I always wanted one of those goblin rockets as a kid, I think it to flies on D motors. I bet It would go out of sight.

This is the Pumpkin Head. I had trouble with the decals, so I made my own with the Testors decal kit.

I ordered an Honest John from School Yard Rockets, and I made, from scratch a Hawk Rocket using Peter Alway's book on scale kits.

Thats all I have right now....as soon as I get more done....and can borrow a camera, I'll post more pics.

nice Custom rockets.... and a great paint job on the Razor.

I just lost my Venture this weekend on a C6-7

Both Razor kits have a sticker contact paper. I would never be able to paint checkering like that. If I was that good, I would quit my job and go into the painting bussiness lol.

All very nicely done rockets but I love the Honest John!
What is the prototype for the Hawk? I mean what kind of rocket is it and when was it used and by whom and for what and what scale compared to the HJ? How many questions was that......?:confused:

Originally posted by Stewart32
nice Custom rockets
I just lost my Venture this weekend on a C6-7

I lost mine on a D12-7. Saw where it landed, but it wasn't there when I got there. Happened twice that day.

Originally posted by Mister Rogers
All very nicely done rockets but I love the Honest John!
What is the prototype for the Hawk? I mean what kind of rocket is it and when was it used and by whom and for what and what scale compared to the HJ? How many questions was that......?:confused:

NASA took interest with the surplus Hawk solid fueled motors and wanted to use them for sounding rockets. They sawed off Nike fins, stuck a long 11 degree nose on and came up with what is in Peter Always book the HAWK MOTOR TEST VEHICLE. This rocket cleared the way for the ORION sounding rocket. I made my kit with a BT-55 tube and it uses the "standard" size engines. I would get this book if you want to make some nice rockets. It's called SCALE BASH by Peter Alway. It has plans and patterns for 78 models of 29 real rockets.

Carldoc,

thanks for the suggestion about the book "Scale Bash". I will look for it. Very interesting.

Back