Finished first low/mid power....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moocrew

Reaction score
These pics are for all of you guys who helped at all with the construction of this rocket.
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7594

This being my first upslace rocket turned out very nicely with the guidance of the great people here on TRF I would have defenitely never came out with results like this w/o your help.

So as promised here are the pics....The rocket has yet to be launched im waiting for a really nice day so i can get some good pics but nonetheless here are pics.

Thnx again to the TRF community you guys roc.

#2 ...the fart cans....

Note; the white flakes are dust i seem to have a problem with dust sticking to the 3 clear coats.
And the white on the ins of the wings is the flame retardant paint...its not visible under regular lighting.

Cool , I hope it flys as nice as it looks ! Can I ask where you got the flame - retardant paint from please?
-Karl

mm if i knew id tell ya...my dad had it lying around the house. I'll have to ask him if he remembers when he gets home tonight

looks great.!

don't worry about the white inside the fin bottoms .a few bp launches will make them black again

Karl, i asked and, it was left over from a job he supervised a year or two ago on the local springfield city schools....they used the stuff to line the inside of a big kiln in the art room or something...so he just picked it up because they were done with it.....and this is the advantage of having family in the construction business... :D

Originally posted by Karl
Cool , I hope it flys as nice as it looks ! Can I ask where you got the flame - retardant paint from please?
-Karl

Rustoleum makes a heat resistant paint for things like wood stoves. It's called "High Heat" and it's in their "Specialty" line. It's supposed to resist heat up to 1200 degrees (what happens to the material under it is a different matter). I got a 12 oz. can of flat black at Lowe's for less than 5 dollars.

I have the same stuff, I dont use it much though. The kiln stuff is a good idea, since kilns get so hot

Cool , I'll take a trip to B&Q later , and see if they have any.
-Karl

Back