Find me at LDRS!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smstachwick

LPR/MPR sport flier with an eye to HPR and scale
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
If you’d like to meet me at LDRS for any reason (or if you just bump into me and want to establish more direct contact on TRF), send me a direct message.

For those looking to arrange a meeting, I’ll send a description of my vehicle and my gear, and my location if I’ve got a spot picked out. Feel free to introduce yourself with your TRF username when you find me.

Supporting forum members can access this info directly in the Off the Record section, where I will post it momentarily.

I also get useable cell service at the range, and I plan to check messages at least a couple times per day. My Ignore list will be cleared out for the duration of the event, so anyone can do it.

Last edited:
I had planned to go and would have liked to meet up, but things did not work out, and I can’t make it. Have a great time!

I had planned to go and would have liked to meet up, but things did not work out, and I can’t make it. Have a great time!
Too bad. Good luck with whatever else you’ve got going on.

My invite is always good, send me a DM anytime you see we’re planning on flying at the same event.

I will be there....Black Tahoe...look for my Disruptor...I'm going to be very low key this year...I just need to get away, been workin way too much.

Hey buddy! I'll be there tonite. You can find me under the Jolly Rodger with an American flag on top. I'll be in the back rows to spread out a bit. One of the few times "hey man, Dave IS here!":

Hey buddy! I'll be there tonite. You can find me under the Jolly Rodger with an American flag on top. I'll be in the back rows to spread out a bit. One of the few times "hey man, Dave IS here!":
Excellent! I’ll look around.

My girlfriend and I have left camp to escape the heat but should be back for dinner time. I’ll look for you then, maybe you could introduce me to a couple of the TRASD guys or something.

Found you!
A genuine pleasure it was, too. Thanks for introducing yourself and allowing me to tag along on that Darkstar Jr. recovery. 😁

I will be there....Black Tahoe...look for my Disruptor...I'm going to be very low key this year...I just need to get away, been workin way too much.

I looked around for you and I plan to continue. I definitely want to see that Disruptor.

A genuine pleasure it was, too. Thanks for introducing yourself and allowing me to tag along on that Darkstar Jr. recovery. 😁
You are very welcome! Nice launch on the 2 stage high flyer. Looked beautiful.

By the way, I noticed your rocket box was in the sun so I moved it over a few inches so it would stay in the shade.

You are very welcome! Nice launch on the 2 stage high flyer. Looked beautiful.

By the way, I noticed your rocket box was in the sun so I moved it over a few inches so it would stay in the shade.
Oh thank you! We were trying to pack up with heat-induced brain fuzz, definitely not at peak functionality.

Probably not doing that rocket again this event. That flight path was a bit dicey arcing to the south like that, I’d hate to have it lawn dart into a populated area. Maybe some other time if I can get the rods to angle to the north or if I can get the coupler to separate more cleanly.

The guys at the LCO table offered a couple of suggestions for cleaner staging and straighter flight. I may spend my off season incorporating those before flying E-to-E again.

Excellent! I’ll look around.

My girlfriend and I have left camp to escape the heat but should be back for dinner time. I’ll look for you then, maybe you could introduce me to a couple of the TRASD guys or something.

I looked around for you and I plan to continue. I definitely want to see that Disruptor.
im not to far east of AMW

I am so glad I am not at LDRS. Y'all are suffering a major heat wave. I just can't take it these days. I'd have to spend the weekend up at Big Bear.

Be careful. Take all precautions. Lotsa water, trips to the IGA supermarket for free AC, everything.

Sorry I wasn’t able to meet most of you. A combination of extreme heat, high winds, and a primitive camp setup forced me and my girlfriend off the range in the hottest parts of the event days when the range was closed and meeting would have been ideal.

I was, however, very happy that I got to LCO and manage pads out there. Maybe I met a few of you without knowing it.

Special thanks to @DabCat though. He and his party were more welcoming, friendly, and helpful than they had any obligation to be. I felt bad about how many questions and favors I ended up asking of them but they were good sports.

Personal launch report coming soon.

Did you LCO Saturday around 10-11?
I took several shifts, actually, and I know one was Saturday morning. I think that was a bit on the earlier side, though, maybe 8-9 or so? I know that I was LCOing when the club officers were trying to get a couple of high-altitude flights going and I had to be a little bit more firm than I would have liked in getting people off the range so we could do that before the window for those flights closed.

Im pretty sure I was doing PM at that same time...I was the short guy

Shane- we WILL hook up! If you are up for it, I will crate up some LPR stuff for your summer builds. Could you meet me at Barona? I promise it would be worth it! My email is my screen name on gmail.

Shane- we WILL hook up! If you are up for it, I will crate up some LPR stuff for your summer builds. Could you meet me at Barona? My email is my screen name on gmail.
Barona might be fun. I’ll see if I can make that work. I’ll send you an email, definitely.

I’ve got a couple LPR builds/repairs/paints planned for the summer but I would never say no to free/discounted kits and motors.

I won an item from the LDRS banquet that I’m looking to trade or sell as well, I’ll let you know when my first offer makes a decision (should be in the next two weeks) and you can get next dibs on deciding whether you want it. After that it’ll likely go into the Yard Sale here. More details in my email.

Back