Finally Pulled the Trigger for my Level 1

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AfterBurners

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Lately I've been really busy and haven't really pursed my Level 1 like I want to, so today I broke down and bought the G-Force from Aerotech.

https://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/aro/aro89021.htm

It was on sale at Hobbylinc for $62 and I couldn't pass it up. I know there are a lot of options out there for Level 1 rockets, but there were a few things about the G-Force that I liked, which made me decide on choosing it. First of all I just want to keep my Level 1 simple. Send it up and bring it down and I don't want to invest a ton of money in it. The G-Force is also very easy to build. Basically everything "snaps" into placed and all one needs is Medium CA. Right now I'm just burnt out on finishing rockets. All this sanding, filleting and sanding and more sanding more filleting...can you tell I dislike sanding :roll:

I know it's one of the necessary evils to building rockets, but I just want a break from it. I also like that I can fly the rocket on smaller 29's before I send it up on an "H" for my Level 1 flight. This allows me time to get familiar with it and see how it fly's and try out new modifications. This rocket will more than likely fly on mid power motors for the most part and a few high power motors, but I figure once I get Level 1 it will open the doors to build and also buy bigger rockets along with bigger motors. It just seems a lot of the cool kits I like fly on 38mm. I also want to try my hand at some HPR scratch builds and after I'm Level 1 I plan on building at least one rocket/kit per year. Not going to get crazy with the kits and builds. I know then it's back to the sanding and filleting. :rofl: I really want to get that X-15 from Hanger 11 the 4" kit. Pretty cool looking!

The changes I'm making are listed below.

• Aeropack Retainer
  • Get rid of the mesh and get a 12x12 Nomex blanket instead
  • Replace the chute. I have a 42" military flare chute that would work well.
  • Replace shock cord with Top Flight tubular nylon 9/16 x 15'
  • Reinforce aft end with tube coupler

That's about it. I'm not going to glass it, replace the fins, make more fillets, a fancy paint job or do anything else to it. I just want it to have a nice "H" flight and have a nice soft landing on the desert floor.

Also I decided after looking through some local clubs in my area to join ROC. They have launches out at Lucerne Dry Lake and they seem like a great bunch of guys and gals.

https://rocstock.org/

Keep your eyes open I have some kits and stuff I'll be putting up for sale soon.

Last edited:
Why wait? Just post it and I will buy it...assuming I need it.

Back