Finally.Nice Addition to the Pile.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred Garvin

Male Strumpet
Reaction score
Finally got an opportunity to get one. Arrived today packed very, very well. It'll go next to my Mercury Atlas kit....so I can stare at it and waffle on building it or not......

IMG_1307.jpg

Oooh, nice!

I think it needs to be built. If for no other reason than to provide the rest of us with a well documented and lavishly illustrated build log...

Ahem... :p

If I do build it I'll of course do a build thread on it....even though the kit in and of itself isn't all that.....it's the rarity of it and collectibility that makes it special. I'm hoping, that after John's thread and the many requests for its re-release, they do release it again so I can keep the collectible bagged and build a new one for the fleet. In the mean time just having it is cool.

If I do build it I'll of course do a build thread on it....even though the kit in and of itself isn't all that.....it's the rarity of it and collectibility that makes it special. I'm hoping, that after John's thread and the many requests for its re-release, they do release it again so I can keep the collectible bagged and build a new one for the fleet. In the mean time just having it is cool.
Nice score.

Very nice. One option for finishing is a vinyl wrap from DARS member John Pursley. Read all about it here: https://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=15984&page=1&pp=10
That is nice.Thanks for the info.

Good info Sam....I'll contact John as I don't see the Gemini on his website, just the Redstone. I have another Redstone in the pile I got at HL with the 40% coupon....I think I'll skin it with the Accur8 skin.

I made a semroc clone about 7 years ago. If you have the original Estes Kit, you should have the clear plastic fins. As I recall the clone did not come with clear plastic fins, so I had to improvise my own, which was not easy. I got a wrap from Sticker Shock. The wrap was not easy to apply. Afterwards I thought that applying the wrap might be easier if one thought about the application in advance. I think that I got the lined shroud below the capsule from a disk that I ordered from a company www.delta7studios.com

IMG_0456.jpg IMG_0497.jpg IMG_0524.jpg IMG_0526.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0824.jpg
    IMG_0824.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
I made a semroc clone about 7 years ago. If you have the original Estes Kit, you should have the clear plastic fins. As I recall the clone did not come with clear plastic fins, so I had to improvise my own, which was not easy.

Yes, the 1978 comes with the clear fin can....its in there!

Fred,
Have you seen "THIS"
or "THIS"
"THIS" is a good deal. Wish I had $$

Sweet! Thanks for the line on the 1976.....it's a nice cheap Jup C now, but 5 more days left. I've added it to my watch list so let's see where it goes Sunday evening.

God, I always wanted one of those. Let me know when you finish it and plan to launch it. I want to be at that DARS launch.

Right now it's next to my Mercury Atlas boxed kit (Range Box).....and I'm in "look at it" mode, just enjoying finally owning one. If Estes does not re-release the kit in the next year or so, I'll be the one to finally build it. But for a while, I just want to "own" it.....I'll bring it to the next DARS Launch that I'm going to make so others can see it too.

that is just stunning! Beautiful job!

I made a semroc clone about 7 years ago. If you have the original Estes Kit, you should have the clear plastic fins. As I recall the clone did not come with clear plastic fins, so I had to improvise my own, which was not easy. I got a wrap from Sticker Shock. The wrap was not easy to apply. Afterwards I thought that applying the wrap might be easier if one thought about the application in advance. I think that I got the lined shroud below the capsule from a disk that I ordered from a company www.delta7studios.com

View attachment 306802 View attachment 306803 View attachment 306804 View attachment 306805

I don't do eBay, but maybe I should. Have both the Jupiter C kit and the Gemini Titan kit. I need to cull the herd as I am not building much anymore. Unfortunately many of my old kits have had the bags disintegrate due to moves and storage. I have one or two Estes Space Shuttle kits that lost their bags. I started the Estes Titan II ICBM kit, but had trouble with the silver paint, so never completed it.
I agree that these are a few of the kits that should be reissued.

Chas

Back