Finally finished my Big Bertha!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Agent Splat

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
A couple months ago I spontaneously got the desire to start building rockets again, which my Dad used to do with my brother and I when we were younger.

At any rate, in my quest to find any remaining rocket supplies around my parents' house, I found an unbuilt Big Bertha! I put it together and sat on painting it for awhile because I didn't know how I wanted to do it. I finally settled on sort of a modified scheme reminiscent of the Mercury Redstone. I'm pretty happy with it. Now I just gotta get going on building my launcher so I can get out there and see how she flies!

rocket.jpg

jdud

Reaction score
Looks great! Roll patterns always look great - especially on a Bertha. My son and I really enjoy flying our Bertha - it has logged more flights than any of our other rockets.

Gillard

Reaction score
that's a really niced finished rocket- well done. personally i've never got around to build my bertha, it's been sat in its packet for 4 years:(

CharlaineC

Reaction score
love the look i have 2 one camo and one newer style. it seams to me that nomatter what look a bertha has it always looks great.