Final Fantasy XI

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
I just bought the Hard Disk drive for the Playstation 2, which comes with Final Fantasy XI. I played most of the FF series, but this is the first Multiplayer RPG I ever played. So I was wondering if anyone here plays that game (either on PC or PS2).

Right now the game looks complicated, challenged. A bit overwhelming, but there is a thirty day trial before it starts charging the account. Gives me time to learn it, and see if I like it. Unless I really fall in love with this game, I don't think I will be paying to play a game.

As a hardcore gamer of the Final Fantasy series :

I was miffed - nay thats not quite correct.

I was peeoed - nono, thats not quite right either.

I was outraged that they decided to dedicate an entire game to online play, when after all the years of dedication the FF community has give Square/Square Enix.

I know, many people enjoy online play, spending money each month just to satisfy their cravings..just ask the neurotics whom play Everquest, and have no life outside of the PC, and wind up selling their accounts on Ebay for thousands of dollars. 8)

Now, the game has a lot of value IF you find a few people online whom want to enjoy their time as a party and build your character up. 90 % of the time, you run into idiots whom just kill you for the sheer fun of it, or screw you over just when your starting to get somewhere.

Sadly, FF XI is a very good game, that falls into the Everquest/Ultima section of gaming, and only a small portion of the population will ever see it and enjoy it the way it was meant.

That is until someone developes an offline server like they did for Ultima Online. *wink*

I bought the game just for the Hard Drive, and so I would have plenty of space for Gran Turismo 4's 100 tracks and possible others that can be d/l online.

Your not missing much - lest your an online freak, so just wait for FF XII.

Cheers,

Originally posted by Silverleaf
I was outraged that they decided to dedicate an entire game to online play, when after all the years of dedication the FF community has give Square/Square Enix.

My thoughts exactly! Interesting tibit of info, Final Fantasy XI was going to be Final Fantasy X. But to many people complained about the online part... including me. I signed the petition... but they were to far into development to change it, so they took what they had of Final Fantast XI, developed it, and that became FFX.

Final Fantasy X was OK. I did not get FF-X2. Actually, my favorites were FF-VII and FF-IX.

I will give FF-XI a try... but I am not sure this is my cup of tea...

I sure hope FF-XII is not to sexed up like FF-X2 was. If it is, I am not getting it, for the same reasons I did not get FF-X2. Square... give those girls clothes.

I'm not into RPG's, played only a little bit of FFVII. I like Flight Simulators more, and Rocsim:) I don't like online gaming, don't know why. Anybody here like flight simulators?

My exact feelings on FF too!! I hate online play too many jerks to run into among other things. FFVII was the best video game ever in my opinion. I've been jaded by that one.

gerbs4me - I want to play a good flight sim if I can get a good PC and really sweet joystick, but I can't afford it right now:rolleyes: ...this rocket habit is sucking me dry!!!:D

Gerbs-

If you have MSFS2k2 we'll have to arrange a flight session sometime.

bilue ninja- yep I have FS2002, how do you arrange a flight session?
I'll warn you I'm not a very good pilot, If we do a flight seesion, your nerves will be shot:D well I'm not that bad

Hey, Phil. Still Playing FFXI? I have stopped playing it since the end of June, but recently started playing it again.

Also, FFXII supposed to come out in April :)

Good Game. I had the last Grand Turismo, played it for a while, but found it to hard to handle with just the handheld controller. I am also licking my chops over the new ratchet and clank game, although I will wait till that goes down in price. The new Xenosaga coming out soon also looks interesting, but I never finished the first one yet.

FFXI talk:

Been spending some time in the Valkurm Dunes. Monsters there range from Level 15 and up. I created some awesome parties, and we fought Lizards, and worked my way from Level 9 to 12. Got killed several times, but the amount of EXP we were getting per battle made up for it, and we set up camp near the Homepoint, so when I died, I ate the EXP loss and rejoined the battle after respawning. My character is resting in the coastal town of Selbina, and I am thinking about heading into the La Theine Plateau (never been there) and into West Ronfaure to do a little quest mission. Since WR is next to the major city San d' Oria, I think I am going to visit that city. First time I been to a different city besides my characters resident city of Bastok.

Originally posted by gerbs4me
I'm not into RPG's, played only a little bit of FFVII. I like Flight Simulators more, and Rocsim:) I don't like online gaming, don't know why. Anybody here like flight simulators?

I play a lot of fight sims. My favorite non-shooting one is X-Plane. It is made by a guy in Columbia, SC. You are able to make your own planes and download premade ones for free. You can even fly the space shuttle and land it after de-orbiting. It has gliders, and even a Saturn V. You can see it at www.x-plane.com and www.x-plane.org

My favorite military one is old but I still like it a lot. It is Janes USAF. They have some really good training missions, and even a complete beginner can learn to fly with them.

My Joystick is the Saitek X-45. You can see one here. I want this one , but it just came out and I am running short on cash. I have played with a lot of Joysticks, and the X45 is by far the best that I have played on. The X45 is like 50 or 60 and the X52 is about 120. They are like the joysticks I used at Aviation Challenge.

Latest posts

Back