Fin Vacuum Bagging Process by rharshberger

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

rharshberger

Reaction score
I dont know, I have used perf film and peel ply both, I prefer peel ply especially on compound curves.

watheyak

Barnstormer
Reaction score
I have used 3M77 spray adhesive as well as Fiber-Tac, which is supposed to be formulated to not interfere. In the past I've had great results but a recent delamination has made me nervous.

IMG-1478.JPG

There was a lot going on that could have caused this. Mach 2.7 with Aeropoxy and unprotected leading edges to name a few. But This was all stuck down with the Fiber-Tac beforehand. I can basically peel the rest of that off by hand. I don't think I got very good adhesion.

rharshberger

Reaction score
I have used 3M77 spray adhesive as well as Fiber-Tac, which is supposed to be formulated to not interfere. In the past I've had great results but a recent delamination has made me nervous.

View attachment 423552

There was a lot going on that could have caused this. Mach 2.7 with Aeropoxy and unprotected leading edges to name a few. But This was all stuck down with the Fiber-Tac beforehand. I can basically peel the rest of that off by hand. I don't think I got very good adhesion.
I think you about covered it, I dont know what to say.

Greg Furtman

TRF Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 423552

The link I posted for 3M 71 does say it specifically made to work for composite work.