Fin tang question.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UPscaler

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
for my rocket, i need to know what to tell PML the fin tang is. It is a 29mm mount in a BT-60 rocket. I plan on doing a fin can with the fins fiberglassed to the rings ( after reinforcing the rings with fiberglass.) How far into the rings should I go? What would the fin tang be?

P.S. I will be using a HAMr retainer, so that cuts into the space even more.

For a 29mm. MMT in a BT 60 body tube your tangs/tabs would be .1850 in.(smidge under 3/16) or 4.70mm. Your not going to be cutting into your centering rings with that measurment. Just offset your tangs/tabs(aft) and mount your fins between the rings.

If you let PML know what size body tube and MMT you are using they will compute the tang for you.

For a 29mm. MMT in a BT 60 body tube your tangs/tabs would be .1850 in.(smidge under 3/16) or 4.70mm. Your not going to be cutting into your centering rings with that measurment. Just offset your tangs/tabs(aft) and mount your fins between the rings.

If you let PML know what size body tube and MMT you are using they will compute the tang for you.

Thank you very much! That, not enough room to cut into the rings thing, occurred to me last night.

Back