Fightsketch Mini

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAllen

Reaction score
I freaking love this product. I like to fly a lot of low and slow(ish) L1 rockets with single deploy and this little gizmo tells me all sorts of info I've been missing out on for years. I am no longer guessing on sims. I can use the info from the FS data to adjust my sims to real world results and make more accurate determinations on delay length.

Now, the only thing I don't like a lot is the web site. I love the idea of being able to upload flight data and have it tied to my account but searching for my account is cumbersome and it would be nice if I could sort the flights by different parameters such as, rocket, date, motor used, etc. Other than that, this thing is well worth the $30. It's sooooo cool to be able to d/l flight data out in the field before I even pick up the rocket via bluetooth.

For reference, all I do to attach it is use double sided foam tape on the bottom of the nosecone with a piece of masking tape over the PCB to prevent dirt getting on it.

Agreed. The Mini is a great, but the website leaves a lot to be desired. It would be nice to at least see my flights from my account page, not have to search for them from the list of all users.

I freaking love this product. I like to fly a lot of low and slow(ish) L1 rockets with single deploy and this little gizmo tells me all sorts of info I've been missing out on for years. I am no longer guessing on sims. I can use the info from the FS data to adjust my sims to real world results and make more accurate determinations on delay length.

Now, the only thing I don't like a lot is the web site. I love the idea of being able to upload flight data and have it tied to my account but searching for my account is cumbersome and it would be nice if I could sort the flights by different parameters such as, rocket, date, motor used, etc. Other than that, this thing is well worth the $30. It's sooooo cool to be able to d/l flight data out in the field before I even pick up the rocket via bluetooth.
...of course to be able to sort by motors or parachutes or such people would have to actually put those data in their logs. A good chunk of what's posted there don't even have a model name or motor. Dates are embedded in the log file names unless changed by the user (I edit the names but leave the date in myself).

There is a pull down menu to get only your flights....but the selection doesn't stick if you look at a log, and especially if you edit one (say, to add the motor info).

That said, it's a work in progress, and it's not like Russ is paying is family's bills with FlightSketch. He does have a "day job" which in these pandemic times has been more, not less active.

Back