Field of 64 brackets are complete!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornyl

Reaction score
The brackets are complete for the Field of 64 Rocketry Mach Madness.
The polling will start tomorrow.
The selection comitee will be listing about 5 "rocketoff " matches a day.
The polling time will last 24 hours only.
Who will be the champ? Will there be an upset? Who Knows?
If anybody sees any mistakes let me know. My eyes are about bleeding by now.
Enjoy
Cornyl

RMM FINAL BRACKET 1.JPG

Looks like fun!

One question, though. Wouldn't you want to move the seeds to be like the NCAA bracket? As you show it, a #1 seed and a #2 seed would meet in the second round.

Thanks,
EV

One question, though. Wouldn't you want to move the seeds to be like the NCAA bracket? As you show it, a #1 seed and a #2 seed would meet in the second round.

Thanks for that Echo Victor. I will set them up the same.

For that matter, what criteria did you use to even seed them?
Yes, Der Red Max,
We had a previous thread with about 50 responses and everyone picked there top 3 favorite rockets.

Anybody can vote via the polling method once the matchups start.

Cornyl

We had a previous thread with about 50 responses and everyone picked there top 3 favorite rockets.
So you're saying that since Red Max, Big Bertha, V-2 & Deuces Wild received the most popular votes they were seated each #1?
Doesn't that make the whole polling (of popular votes) for the favorite rocket a moot point?
Isn't it going to be 1 of these 4?
Just do a run off then of "the final four".

Perhaps, a better way would've been to do it by manufacturers first.
List 20 or so of Estes, find the #1
then Centuri,
then Flis,
then Semroc (that my be a little redundant since we've listed Estes & Centuri all ready but...),
Et cetera, et cetera,
then one made up of a couple each from the remaining companies,
then have a showdown from all those winners.
Perhaps then the conclusion or winner would be less obvious then it is now and maybe even very surprising.

Just a thought...

Can you post an updated overall bracket so that we can print one out and follow along?

Thanks,
EV

See attached for updated field.

So far it is going ok. A couple of screw ups by me but going pretty well.
One upset so far :(11) Centuri Taurus over (7) Estes Der V3.
Response to the polls has been unbelievable. I was thinking 10 or 12 to a poll and I have seen some in the 50's.

I have repositioned the field to set it up just like the NCAA field.
There will be about 3 polls per day so we can be in sync with the final Championship game with NCAA. (April 4th)

Remember that each poll will only be open for voting for 24 hours.(except when I screw up and forget to put the 1 day time limit on the polls.)

The second round is shaping up and looks quite challenging.

RMM FINAL BRACKET jpg.JPG

John, thanks for your help. Will try to finnish this week!
CornyL

This is a very cool contest, however I would make this one suggestion...When you place a new poll indicate which round that particular poll is for in the title of the thread. So for example it could read: "Fliskits Deuces Wild (1) vs. Estes Big Bertha (1) [R 4]"

Just a thought.

-Dave

Back