Field help near Davis, CA

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
My son Joe is currently living in Davis, CA. He works with adults with mental handicaps. This past week he did a rocketry program with them but the field he was going to use fell through.

They have their rockets built but no place to fly them.

Is there a club, group, individual within 45 minutes of Davis, CA who can provide them with a field to fly in some time in the next 2 weeks? They are flying Thing-a-ma-Jig kits with A8-3 motors so they don't need much of a field.

He has exhausted every avenue we can think of and are now hoping someone in the rocketry community can help with an already established flying location.

Anyone?

You can respond to this thread or contact me via email
Thanks!
jim

While not rocketry, there is a R/C field just southeast of Woodland, about 15 min north of Davis. Their name is the Woodland-Davis Aeromodelers, https://www.wdarc.org/. They may be able to help.

Cary

While not rocketry, there is a R/C field just southeast of Woodland, about 15 min north of Davis. Their name is the Woodland-Davis Aeromodelers, https://www.wdarc.org/. They may be able to help.

Cary

Thank you. I believe that Joe is talking to someone from that club but having the web site is a BIG help as it lets me contact the officers directly.

I will try to call someone from there later this evening.

Hopefully that will get us permission as I know that model rockets ARE flown at that field, just not sure if it is via a club or just random folks.

Any reason that same link was posted 3 times?

We are aware of the rules. Joe has met with the fire department several times and is all set (with regard to Davis anyway). Also, the reason he is having trouble finding a field is *because* he is seeking permission and not just going out and flying on someone's property.

It almost sounds as though you are talking "down" to me. Please don't as it is unbecoming.

Last edited:
Any reason that same link was posted 3 times?

We are aware of the rules. Joe has met with the fire department several times and is all set (with regard to Davis anyway). Also, the reason he is having trouble finding a field is *because* he is seeking permission and not just going out and flying on someone's property.

It almost sounds as though you are talking "down" to me. Please don't as it is unbecoming.

Key bounce. This keyboard is doing very annoying things, most of which you don't see because I'm in the middle (or end) of typing a response on a forum and it goes "back" and loses everything or the cursor moves to a random spot.

The post was an attempt to save time by simply providing a link to the response I provided on the other forum where the duplicate thread was located.

As for your reading a post that consisted of nothing but a link and then thinking that I'm talking "down" to you - I have no idea how you came up with that. If I want to indicate an emotion I will use an emoticon. For example, if someone is confusing me I will use :confused: or :confused2:. If someone is not getting a point after it has been explained over and over again I might use :bangpan: or :bang: . None of that applies here as all I was doing was providing an answer on the first forum where the multiple duplicate posts were discovered and then when I stumbled upont the next one I provided a link to the response.

If you prefer that people spell out the entire response on multiple forums (or not answer at all if they cannot comply), then you should specify that in your original posted question to avoid confusion and misunderstanding.

I'll go and delete the extra links above. And I have no idea when someone would ever use the "cyclops" emoticon, as I do not have an emotion that has anything to do with a cyclops. :cyclops::confused::D

Fred,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. It's been a bad morning :) I clearly read more into those 3 links than there was to read...

Having the link there is good as the link is pertinent, so no problem with that. I just saw it as an "I provided this information once, I guess I'll do it again. And again. And again..." when that wasn't the case.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program... ...anyone got a field? :)

I am working to contact the Woodland Davis Aeromodelers to see if they can help. That may be our best hope. Only time will tel.

Well, that one contact (the woodland davis aeromodelers) turned out to be a bust. They don't permit model rocketry due to fire concerns.

So I'm back to up in the air. Joe was able to determine that they can do a Saturday now and that they could (if need be) travel much further, so I am also going to contact Jack Hagerty again to see where his group flies.

Also still working with a contact who is trying to re-start the SARG group. We'll see how that is coming along.

Any other ideas?
jim

Mike at Quasar One Custom Rockets had done the trick! I heard back from Joe and he and Mike have been in touch and it looks like Joe is all set.

Thanks for all the help and thanks to Mike for helping Joe out :)

jim

I found a Park in Roseville CA that we launch model rocket at. It is the Maidu Park. There are 4 soccer fields, and the farthest one it set up for RC planes and model rockets. It is a really great park.

Here is the address, if you do not find anything closer.
1550 Maidu Drive, Roseville, CA 95678

I found a Park in Roseville CA that we launch model rocket at. It is the Maidu Park. There are 4 soccer fields, and the farthest one it set up for RC planes and model rockets. It is a really great park.

Here is the address, if you do not find anything closer.
1550 Maidu Drive, Roseville, CA 95678

Is there a permit issued by the Fire Authority Having Jurisdiction as well as permission of the Proerty Owner as required by CA State Fire Regulations?

Back