Fiberglass 4" Honest John long build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

FlyBy01

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Don't ask me who made this rocket. I ordered it from Gloria at AMW who said she knew a manufacture. My best guess is that it is a Polecat kit but I still don't know so.... Finding a 4" all Fiberglass Honest John is not easy! So here it begins; my daughter that just turned 12 is interested in building a cool dual deploy rocket so here goes nothing. This is going to be my first dual deploy and fiberglass rocket😎 I have done a lot of reading on this forum and several of my fellow club friends are on here and all have both fiberglass dual deploy rockets so when in doubt I'll borrow their experience/ knowledge. Let the build thread begin!

Attachments

crossfire

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Nice kit. It's not Pole Cat. How long a go did you buy it?

Sandy H.

Reaction score
Nice kit. It's not Pole Cat. How long a go did you buy it?
Based on what other threads are saying, if it shipped USPS and he got it this week, I'd guess 1978? (total joke, obviously, no offense intended.). Looking forward to seeing who wins the final weight wager!

Sandy.

FlyBy01

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Composite Warehouse Inc., Greensburg, PA, was on the shipping label.

Reactions: REK

Theory

Reaction score
then its likely a composite warehouse kit ; - )

all kidding aside, i am looking forward to this one.

FWIW, i am not a fan of roughing up FG with high grit sand paper. there is a fantastic thread on here specific to bonding composites and that is the method i use. lots of cleaning with denatured alcohol, 220 grit paper, more cleaning, and a good epoxy.

--- https://www.rocketryforum.com/threa...our-government-doesnt-want-you-to-know.58389/ ---

my guess for the final weight is 10 pounds 6.35oz.

for finishing, are you going with olive drab green, or the white / orange / black?

have fun!!!

Last edited:

Brent

Reaction score
The kit was a Madcow kit a few years back. Curtis made the kits for Madcow.