FGCTripoli launch 7/17/04

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donaldsrockets

Reaction score
Just a reminder that we will be launching on this coming Saturday. With all the great weather we've been having here lately, it should be a great day.

I'm hoping to be able to drag race my prefect Harold Sasloe with our Binder Stealth's hopefully on I211W's or I285R's.

You're going down Harold!!!:D :D :D :kill: Just hopefully not in flames!!!;)

firemanup, I'm really hoping to launch the Sprint on the H180W this month. If I do, I'll be sure to tell you how it does.

That is if I can get it to light. It is an old load.:rolleyes:

Well If I can finish my IRIS ill be trying for my L1 this launch. Wish me luck

Dan

Is it almost done?

If all it needs is a paint job or if it's in primer, you could just fly it like that unless you don't like to fly a rocket naked which I can't blame you.;)

I talked with Harold earlier this week and he said that Dennis from New Horizon's Hobbies should be there this month so you should be able to get a motor with no trouble.

See you Saturday and again good luck if you do go for it.:)

Im glassing the inside of the fin tube as we speak.

Dan

Man, that oughtta hold up well even if it hits the road. Jeees, if you're gonna fiberglass it, you could almost set it up for dual deployment and go for your L2 next.;)

Im not glassing the whole thing. just the inside of the fin can.

Dan

Oh ok, my bad:eek:

Regardless, that will still make it tough as nails. I oughtta try that one day perhaps on my L2 rocket IF I can somehow come up with enough funds to build one.:rolleyes:

Well the paint job wont be finished but she is ready to fly. I cant wait to see her go up. I just hope she comes down in one piece.

Dan

Due to the uncertain weather, I only got one flight in but my god it was a beauty.:D

It was my Stealth on an I285R, what an awesome motor. It must have reached about 2,500 feet riding on the two foot trail of red fire.:D :D

Better yet, it was recovered after a very long walk with a few paint scrapes but hey, that happens. The nose cone came out of the payload bay at apogee but I saw it fall and some kids found it for me.

Even better yet, I got my 38/480 casing back too.:D :D :D

I wanted to fly some more rockets but after recovering the Stealth, I was just too tired.

Maybe next time.

Oh and I need to send some more congrats to Dbarrm. He just certified level 1.:D

Back