Feynman lectures

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDB

Absent Minded Professor
Reaction score
This week I've been enjoying some lectures that I found on YouTube by the legendary physicist, Richard Feynman. The way that he captivates an audience and explains very complex topics using nothing more than his wit and a chalkboard is inspirational. I figured a few of you might also be interested, so I thought I'd share a couple of the links:

Entropy
Quantum Mechanics

(If you've never read his book, I highly recommend it too.)

Last edited by a moderator:
This week I've been enjoying some lectures that I found on YouTube by the legendary physicist, Richard Feynman. The way that he captivates an audience and explains very complex topics using nothing more than his wit and a chalkboard is inspirational. I figured a few of you might also be interested, so I thought I'd share a couple of the links:

Entropy
Quantum Mechanics

(If you've never read his book, I highly recommend it too.)

The follow up to "Surely You're Joking' called "What Do You Care What Others Think?" includes his account of working on the committee investigating the Challenger accident. It also includes a most unique love story.

And, check out his book on QCD. He takes a complex topic and explains it well. It is one of my favorite science books.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0691125759/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew about QED, but didn't even know about "What Do You Care What Others Think." I just downloaded it. The stories about Feynman's personal life are what make the books so great.

For those of you who haven't read the book, at the end of "Surely You Must be Joking" Feynman casually describes how one of his favorite places to work on theoretical physics was a strip club.

I loved What Do You Care... and Surely... when I read them years ago. I remember him discussing safe cracking while working on the Manhattan Project at Los Alamos, and got the reputation of being able to crack any safe after he used some tricks to open a few.

He's also talked about doing a few mental calculations very quickly because they just happened to be easy to break down into simple problems. People that day thought he was super good at math in his head because of it. They're great stories and I recommend those books to anyone that would enjoy physics or rocketry.

Latest posts

Back