Feedback Needed on a possible New Roachwerks Kit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by sandman
I thought I explained it clearly enough but OK I'll try again.

You get my kit with a nose cone, decals, etc. for the Jupiter C, motor mount, fins, decals and other parts for the Little Joe.
You also get (or you provide) a Mercury Redstone kit.
Using the parts from both kits you can build...

A Jupiter C
AND!
A Mercury Little Joe.
Two =scale= models!

When the kits (both of them) are finished you will have left over, some pieces of body tube (not much)

And the original Estes Mercury Redstone stickers. (which you may want to throw away anyway.:rolleyes:

Sandman:

I have four MRs still in the package. Your special sound cool and I would definetly buy one of them, I like the Little Joe and this would give me the opportunity to make two rockets of the same scale. Press on and keep us informed.

"So many rockets to build but so little time..."

BTW guys if you want to read that as a .dwg file you have to right click on it and "save as".

Well, that was the only way I could do it.:rolleyes:

Don't get too excited on this kit just yet guys. There is a LOT of stuff I have to do!

On the "basic" kit I won't be provideing a Mercury Redstone kit it so it shouldnt be too expensive.

I do have to provide enough "stuff" to make "basically" one model but the parts will be used WITH the other model's parts to make two.

Let's see...

Jupiter C nose cone and satelite
body tube for the Little Joe
fins for the Little Joe
Motor mount for the Little Joe
Decals for both
Templates, patterns and instructions (OK that's the really hard part!)
Documentation...I gotta do documentation!;)

Heck I can bag that stuff! Don't need a box!

OK, give me a few months!

Originally posted by wilsotr
I suspect just about anything you create is going to generate tons of interest, so press on. I'm having trouble evening imagining a "failed " Sandman kit.

I must echo what wilsotr said. Count me in.

I really need to finish some other projects first.

Since the Apollo Pad Abort models were just boilerplate test models I'm now finishing them.

I worked out the last of the problems on the Outlander booster so I have to finish that up.

I started and didn't finish the 1/70th scale SEMROC Apollo Capsule conversion into a 4 motor Micro Maxx.

Oh, yea...I would like to fly some stuff!

This kit will be a "this coming winter's" project so don't get in line just yet.

In the meantime I have a bunch of LTV Scout kits left!:rolleyes:

Back