February - March Build Contest: Upscale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Guys: I am getting a few questions on this topic.

What is and upscale: A larger version of and existing or previously produced product.

Rules:

1) You must build it.
2) Build thread recommended
3) It must have a successful flight
4) IT must be complete by the last day in March to make to poll
5) Poll runs 14 days
6) Highest votes wins
7) If you do a build thread, Post a like here. If you do not, post pictures here.

Prize: Adept 22 Altimeter

Enjoy

Last edited:
Hm...how convienent! My 4" Redstone might be done by then...doubt it, but maybe! Build thread here

Yup, convenient! Now I have to get a fire under my butt to finish the Kraken!

Problem is, first meeting that it will have a chance to fly is in early May, so I wont qualify under rule 3

yeah .... linkety here

S1

aha-=-- to change link color... change where the "[color" code is, it needs to be inside the "[URL" code, not outside, URL codes default to blue...

ie "{URL="https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?42870-Introducing-the-WARP-Kraken&highlight=warp+kraken"]{COLOR="#FF0000"]here[/COLOR][/URL]"

Last edited:
yeah .... linkety here

S1

aha-=-- to change link color... change where the "[color" code is, it needs to be inside the "[URL" code, not outside, URL codes default to blue...

ie "{URL="https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?42870-Introducing-the-WARP-Kraken&highlight=warp+kraken"]{COLOR="#FF0000"]here[/COLOR][/URL]"

It used to be simpler than that. Click on a color and send. WTF?

Ok. Just to clarify: If you do a build thread, post a link here. If there is no build thread, post a picture and discription in this thread.

bump... I am sure there are a few people out there that may be getting some Colonial Vipers they can enter in this thread.

Keep em coming. If you plan to build, please post a link to the thread or pictures if you are not doing build thread. The deadline is the last day in March.

Little over 2 weeks to go. Prize may change. I have one last packaged adept....I think. If it is not available, I will donate a stratologger.

I probably won't have it ready in time but.....
I'm currently working on an upscale of one of my own scratch designs (that did get built and flown). Would that count?

s6

I probably won't have it ready in time but.....
I'm currently working on an upscale of one of my own scratch designs (that did get built and flown). Would that count?

s6

I am ok with this as long as you show both rockets. Ultimately it is up to the voters in the poll.

No build threads,sorry. 3.75X SWAT and a 4.15X Explorer Aquarius. SWAT is 6" all fiberglass and wood,flown on K1275, L1080,and L1400(twice).
Explorer is 5.5" center and 3" outboars all paper(loc). Flown at least 3 times on K1275's,L985 and twice on the Scarpine cluster(I swear I didnt make that up,the boys in Indiana gave me that)which consists of a central L820 and 2 J520's.

Explorer.jpg

4.15X explorer.jpg

11-07-23-16-53-26 - CIMG8947.jpg

Explorer_green.jpg

_LLS5978.jpg

3.75X SWAT.jpg

No build threads,sorry. 3.75X SWAT and a 4.15X Explorer Aquarius. SWAT is 6" all fiberglass and wood,flown on K1275, L1080,and L1400(twice).
Explorer is 5.5" center and 3" outboars all paper(loc). Flown at least 3 times on K1275's,L985 and twice on the Scarpine cluster(I swear I didnt make that up,the boys in Indiana gave me that)which consists of a central L820 and 2 J520's.

Those are SOOO kewl.

Adding a pic of the FFGKK as finished. Will fly second weekend in May. Will get back to you with 'flight ready' Viper pic.

DSCF0245_resize.jpg

Anybody against extending this till end of May? We have had very few entries.

Since the adept is not available.....maybe a new RRC3 or Perfectflight SL100....

Consider it entered. I have extended the entry time till May 15th. Get me your entries.

Chuck, I'll post a few photos of my own SquareOne upscale that I used for my Level 1 rocket. Sorry, no build pics. I'm currently building a larger one for my Level 2 try.

Purple SquareOne is the regular size kit. I'm then holding the Upscale right after I finished it. Next photo is the big SquareOne on the pad for my Level 1. The photo with the light green SquareOne is a club members kit with my Upscale in the background. Last is the 2nd launch of the big SquareOne on an Aerotech Metalstorm.

newcolors 012.JPG

BigSquareOne 010.JPG

Vacation 2010 plus 014 (2).jpg

Vacation 2010 plus 016 - Copy.JPG

Big Square One Metalstorm (2).jpg

Chuck, I'll post a few photos of my own SquareOne upscale that I used for my Level 1 rocket. Sorry, no build pics. I'm currently building a larger one for my Level 2 try.

Purple SquareOne is the regular size kit. I'm then holding the Upscale right after I finished it. Next photo is the big SquareOne on the pad for my Level 1. The photo with the light green SquareOne is a club members kit with my Upscale in the background. Last is the 2nd launch of the big SquareOne on an Aerotech Metalstorm.

THis is one I'd like to copy to the gallery if I may.

Here's the last of my Rock-A-Chute Mark II Upscale, as well as, my collection of Mark II's with original Leeds Sweete Crayon Sharpener nose cones. I'm holding the rocket before I put it on the pad. Then on the pad but, no launch photo since I missed timed it. All of this led me to make the Square version in the last photo.

upscalefinal 105.jpg

upscalefinalphoto 009.jpg

upscalefinal 112.jpg

upscalefinal 116.jpg

NSL 017.jpg

NSL 018.jpg

NARAM plus 019.jpg

Back