February Best Rocket Competition MPR/HPR

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pantherjon

Reaction score
This is the official location of The Rocketry Forum Best Rocket Competition. This is a monthly event to show off your "stuff" and find out who has THE BEST ROCKET OF THE MONTH! When entering, make sure you follow the criteria listed below and you will do fine. From the 21st(or there about) until the end of the month we'll be polling to see who should win the Best Rocket Competition.

Da Rulez

1. Header of picture should include, name, what kit or was it custom, LPR, MPR or HPR. Example: LPR Estes Hijinx..Put this in the 'title' block when posting.
1a. Please insure you are posting in the correct power level thread! LPR=F impulse and lower.MPR/HPR=G impulse and higher.
2. A BRIEF description of rocket details. Anything that would make it apparent to somebody that yours is THE BEST.
3. Only ONE entry per month per category.
4. Please no extended off topic conversations.
5. Rockets made at any period of time may be used.Rocket needs to be in your possession/fleet at the time of the competition!
5A. Rockets entered MUST have at least one successful flight. Not simulated, but real world flying through the sky type..with successful recovery.
6. Rocket may be entered into the current months competition only ONCE! Rocket may be entered into a following months competition if it fits the given category.
7. If there is a monthly specified type of contest (such as red, white and blue themed), you can only enter rockets that are applicable.
8. Entries will be taken first 3 weeks of month and after the 21st of every month the contest closes.
9. The last week of the month we will be polling on who should win in each class. If there are more then seven(7) entries for the month, the entries will be split into multiple polls based on entry sequence into the competition and a run-off will be held with the top vote recipients from each poll. Run off voting period will be 5 days.
10. Winners get bragging rights for a month!

Theme

Since February is the month of 'love'(from what I have heard), this months theme is: RED Rockets! Red for love/passion and all that other mushy mushy stuff!..LOL..

So, show us your awesome builds!

Remember detail, details, details! So don't be shy, include extra photos of the little bits that make YOUR model extra special!
If you entry is a kit, let us know who's kit it is!

PRIZE(S)

Our wonderful sponsor for the February MPR/HPR Best Rocket Competition is Slater's Hobbies! And what a prize too! Here is what's up for grabs: EITHER $30 in merchandise OR $50 off of a rocket kit priced more then $100! Is that cool or what?:cool:

So, let's get those entries in!

Last edited:
Hmmmmm, the 9th already and no entries? What, no one has a red or partially/mostly red rocket?:confused2: Hard to believe! But anywho, I will get the ball rolling...Once again!:roll:

I present to you my Wildman Jr rocket! It is , of course, a Wildman kit, from that awesome vendor dude named Tim out of Illinois! It is powered by a variety of 38mm loads and actually flies pretty darn good on some 29mm loads as well! I have flown mine on a variety of H's and I motors, with the highest altitude of just shy of 3400'..Awesome kit to put together, and I want to publicly thank Don Ball(dlb) for making the snazzy vinyl decals on it! ;)

So, I have shown mine, let's see yours! ;)
Will upload a picture showing the decals later today..They look nice, but a little bit flight 'tattered' on a couple of the fins)..

Wildman Jr 029.jpg

My 4" Der Red Max is the best rocket. PML sold me a kit based on Joe Michel's plans that were published in a Thor newsletter. Mark at Stickershock tweaked the decals per my request and added the "X882" marking. All I did was glue it together and paint it. Its had 2 flights on an I200 and 1 flight on a H268. Thanks to Marty Wiggins of SEARS for the picture.

Russ Roberts
SEARS572
TRA 11925 L2

Der_Red_Max.jpg

T-minus 48 hours and counting to get your entries in! I know there are more red rockets out there! :)

*cross posted to the LPR contest thread as well*

Here is my American Solar Clipper it is a 4" dia rocket with a 3" motor hole. Tubes are glassed with 2 layers of 8 oz glass and also has 2 layers of 8 oz glass tip to tip. The colors are red, white and blue. Decals where done by Mark at stickershock. This has flown on three K700BBs and two K800BB so far and I have a L666SK for it's next flight.

Picture 014.jpg

Back