February Best Rocket Competition LPR

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pantherjon

Reaction score
This is the official location of The Rocketry Forum Best Rocket Competition. This is a monthly event to show off your "stuff" and find out who has THE BEST ROCKET OF THE MONTH! When entering, make sure you follow the criteria listed below and you will do fine. From the 21st(or there about) until the end of the month we'll be polling to see who should win the Best Rocket Competition.

Da Rulez

1. Header of picture should include, name, what kit or was it custom, LPR, MPR or HPR. Example: LPR Estes Hijinx..Put this in the 'title' block when posting.
1a. Please insure you are posting in the correct power level thread! LPR=F impulse and lower.MPR/HPR=G impulse and higher.
2. A BRIEF description of rocket details. Anything that would make it apparent to somebody that yours is THE BEST.
3. Only ONE entry per month per category.
4. Please no extended off topic conversations.
5. Rockets made at any period of time may be used.Rocket needs to be in your possession/fleet at the time of the competition!
5A. Rockets entered MUST have at least one successful flight. Not simulated, but real world flying through the sky type..with successful recovery.
6. Rocket may be entered into the current months competition only ONCE! Rocket may be entered into a following months competition if it fits the given category.
7. If there is a monthly specified type of contest (such as red, white and blue themed), you can only enter rockets that are applicable.
8. Entries will be taken first 3 weeks of month and after the 21st of every month the contest closes.
9. The last week of the month we will be polling on who should win in each class. If there are more then seven(7) entries for the month, the entries will be split into multiple polls based on entry sequence into the competition and a run-off will be held with the top vote recipients from each poll. Run off voting period will be 5 days.
10. Winners get bragging rights for a month!

Theme

Since February is the month of 'love'(from what I have heard), this months theme is: RED Rockets! Red for love/passion and all that other mushy mushy stuff!..LOL..Remember LOW POWER ONLY, F impulse and lower.

So, show us your awesome builds!

Remember detail, details, details! So don't be shy, include extra photos of the little bits that make YOUR model extra special!
If you entry is a kit, let us know who's kit it is!

PRIZE(S)

Our wonderful sponsor for the month of February LPR is FlisKits! Up for grabs is a $30 shopping spree at the web store! :D

So, let's get those entries in!

Well, I guess I need to get things rolling over here as well!:roll: No red, partially/partly red rockets?..Sheesh, you guys is lame!:roll:

May I present to you my 'Fatty' Boy..It is an Estes Fat Boy rocket converted from the lame 18mm variety to a root scootin flame throwin 4X18mm motor eater! :)

Looks normal , eh?
Additions009.jpg

But, lookie here!
FatBoy4x18003.jpg

Okay, so now I have shown mine, let's see yours! ;)

Oh, and it flies great too! ;)

Here's my entry: Der Red Bird Max Zero, my unholy variant of the Estes classics. It is BT-60, 18" tall, with a 24mm MMT. It flies great on a D12-5. One of these days I'll fly it on an E9. :D

DRBMZ_01.JPG

My entry is a clone of the OOP Estes Maxi Streak.
I built this because it looks like a sleaker mosquito.
Painted metallic red and gloss black.
As it's a clone, i got the decal from Gordy at Excelsiorrocketry.com
she's had three flights so far, all of them good, should be drag racing it against a 301% upscale mosquito this weekend.
photos don't show how nice she is in the flesh.

Attachments

• estes_maxi_streak_05.JPG
    estes_maxi_streak_05.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 0
  • estes_maxi_streak_07.JPG
    estes_maxi_streak_07.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 0
T-minus 48 hours and counting to get your entries in! I know there are more red rockets out there! :)

*cross posted to the MPR/HPR contest thread as well*

Here's what I've got. Not purchased, and not intended to be a clone, my entry was made from scratch. It was made from a gift-paper tube about 1 7/8 inch diameter. The 3 :rolleyes: fins were cut from balsa and I CA'd the edges. The nosecone is rolled 110lb paper, layered in yellow glue. 2 hand rolled launch lugs. It stands 23 in. tall and has been launched from A8-3s to B6-4s.

No, I didn't fill the seams, and I didn't use primer, but it looks good at 15 feet and looks even better at apogee! Point is, its scratch made and it's.......RED

Besides, today is my 40th Birthday......a FlisKits rocket would be a nice present! :p

Thanks for voting (for mine;) ) and good luck to all those who enter. :cheers:

Feb.19-10 015.jpg

Feb.19-10 011.jpg

Here is my red rocket. It is called Vapor Trail and is built around a BT60 tube. It has a cluster of three 18mm motors and just love C6's. This has been flown many times.

vapor1.jpg

vapor2.jpg

Back