GO February Battle Park Launch - 11th & 12th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tHoagland

Rocket Builder
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The February Battlepark launch in Culpeper, VA is scheduled for Feb 11 & 12). The long-term forecast isn't great but we're hoping things will improve as the week goes on and updates posted here and on our website (battlepark.org). In addition to flights from our regular club members, we're also expecting exciting flights from High School and College HPR competition teams and its the time of year that TARC teams start their test flights. It should be a fun two days.

Details are available at battlepark.org.

Is it a research launch or commercial? I'd like to bring my static test stand for static firing.
All Battlepark launches are research launches. There shouldn't be any issues with doing for a static burn. I'd suggest checking in with the RSO or LCO pretty early after you arrive and let them know what your trying to accomplish so they can plan accordingly if you need any additional support.

All Battlepark launches are research launches. There shouldn't be any issues with doing for a static burn. I'd suggest checking in with the RSO or LCO pretty early after you arrive and let them know what your trying to accomplish so they can plan accordingly if you need any additional support.
Thanks. Only been to Culpeper once before and couldn't remember. My system is fully self contained including pyro battery so I just need space.

The Saturday forecast is starting to look pretty good! We're still a couple days out but if you're planning for only one day, I'd probably be thinking Saturday amd avoid the potential snow &rain on Sunday. We'll see how things go the next couple days.

The weather for tomorrow is looking great. We're expecting a good crowd and a fun day. If you're in the area, come fly!

Sunday's weather forecast continues to decline and has forced us to cancel the Feb 12th launch.

For those who saw my static fires, here is what the nozzle looks like after those two additional burns (had 1 previous burn on this nozzle). For reference I have attached a picture of it before any firings (and before I drilled the throat to the correct size).
20230211_235320.jpg20221109_221132.jpg

Back