Featherweight Tracker - stuck in firmware update

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colbon1

Glenn CB, TRA 4172
Reaction score
I'm trying to load up FIP 1.0 (175) for my Featherweight Tracker. As it loads, it asks to update the firmware, when I do so for the ground station, it seems to be stuck at the STCK update stage. The first step (BLDR) finished in a few seconds. The next step (STCK) has been updating for over an hour and no progress. Timer count continues to advance, but no luck with progressing through the remainder of the firmware update and advance to the tracker.

Has anyone seen this behavior? Any way to fix this? I assume it shouldn't take over an hour to update. The current firmware is pretty old as I haven't updated it in some time but when I tried to bring it to latest version, it's stuck at this stage. I've attached a screenshot.
1617834089068.png

Any help is appreciated! I'd really like to fly this tracker again, it's a great instrument!
-GlennCB
TRA 4172 L3

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on having a serial number of only *19*... Thank you for being an early customer!

Sadly... the 'over the air' firmware code that I got from Cypress (the Bluetooth chip maker) had a bug in the < ~100 serial numbers where it was susceptible to supply voltage issues that would brick the device if the voltage had issues... I figured out a fix for that but it changed the tiny boot loader code which made it incompatible with future builds and updates... so it needs to be sent back for reprogramming...

Long story short, send an email to 1617852987874.png 1617852995817.png 1617853002357.png 1617853009324.pngand I'll give you a physical address to mail it to for reprogramming.... We can also talk about whether I can include any 3D printed av bay parts for your troubles...

Thanks!

Back