Featherweight iFIP Download

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've followed the instructions to the letter and came up with NADA. The app says there are no applications to install and just sits on that screen with nowhere to go. Anybody else have this problem? I expect more than "Beta" software that you can't find for something I'm spending almost $400 on.

Second question, how is their support? I ordered a tracker battery and they sent a ground station battery. I sent a message back - crickets.

Support usually great. Did you load TestFlight on your phone? IFIP is loaded through TestFlight and once installed the IFIP app should work and if all your devices are turned on, they should show up under that tab.

Support usually great. Did you load TestFlight on your phone? IFIP is loaded through TestFlight and once installed the IFIP app should work and if all your devices are turned on, they should show up under that tab.
That's my point. Testflight says there are no apps available to install. NADA.

Kevin or Adrian should have sent you link/access to IFIP. I would keep bugging them.
Once they put you in the system, you should get an email from Testflight tell you the new IFIP is ready for install.

Kevin or Adrian should have sent you link/access to IFIP. I would keep bugging them.
Once they put you in the system, you should get an email from Testflight tell you the new IFIP is ready for install.

Huh? I don't remember any of that, as of 6 months ago when I bought a used iPhone for this very app. No emails, no link, no system. I just installed TestFlight and iFip per the instructions.

@Mike Haberer , I totally agree about this beta software. The iFip has been in beta since day 1 of this product, for like 5 years now. The Featherweight GPS has worked good for me so far, but the app makes me nervous.

I've followed the instructions to the letter and came up with NADA. The app says there are no applications to install and just sits on that screen with nowhere to go. Anybody else have this problem? I expect more than "Beta" software that you can't find for something I'm spending almost $400 on.

Second question, how is their support? I ordered a tracker battery and they sent a ground station battery. I sent a message back - crickets.

Mike, Sorry for your complications - you should be able to install the app via the public link here:

https://testflight.apple.com/join/InpJx5lw

I think it should be in the documentation as well. Otherwise I can add your email to the direct list. It does install still through TestFlight.

Yes I still need to run it through the the app submission. I started it once and it wanted screen shots for displays I don't have access to (larger screens and layouts). I think now maybe I can use the simulator to generate those instead of buy every "I device" out there.

As far as the tracker vs GS battery, I almost always use a GS size battery with my tracker. Only time I think I used the small tracker one was when I wanted to fit it in a 38mm nose cone...

I'm traveling now this weekend for family stuff but will try to check back morning and evening.

Huh? I don't remember any of that, as of 6 months ago when I bought a used iPhone for this very app. No emails, no link, no system. I just installed TestFlight and iFip per the instructions.
I get emails every 90 days from TestFlight telling me I need to update or install new version.

I had the same problem. I sent them an email and he explained everything to me and it works great.

When I open Test Flight, it will usually have a countdown until it auto updates.

I actually pay attention to the time before it will expire and even if there are no changes, I still push out another update to keep it going (and try to do it at least a week in advance so a user isn't at a launch with no wifi or cellular...).

Yes I need to work on a real app store release. I wonder if Apple will want a tracker/GS to test the app with - else how will they know the app works...?

Mike, Sorry for your complications - you should be able to install the app via the public link here:

https://testflight.apple.com/join/InpJx5lw

I think it should be in the documentation as well. Otherwise I can add your email to the direct list. It does install still through TestFlight.

Yes I still need to run it through the the app submission. I started it once and it wanted screen shots for displays I don't have access to (larger screens and layouts). I think now maybe I can use the simulator to generate those instead of buy every "I device" out there.

As far as the tracker vs GS battery, I almost always use a GS size battery with my tracker. Only time I think I used the small tracker one was when I wanted to fit it in a 38mm nose cone...

I'm traveling now this weekend for family stuff but will try to check back morning and evening.
The GS battery doesn't fit in the Badass Rocketry nose cone adapter, only the tracker battery does. That's why I ordered it....

Which simulator are you using for the development please? It may be an option for me to be able to get the data out of my older ground station since I don't have any apple devices now.

Any word on when the mythical Android app will be available please?

Which simulator are you using for the development please? It may be an option for me to be able to get the data out of my older ground station since I don't have any apple devices now.

Any word on when the mythical Android app will be available please?

The simulator I am talking about is actually the full blown development environment for XCode on the MAC so not really an option for what you are looking for.

Android users have typically gotten a cheap phone from ebay or such and use that as their dedicated tracker phone. I ordered one for less than $50 that should arrive this week and I can verify if that simple phone would work. If it does, then I'll let you know which one I got and the steps involved.

Sorry - The Android version is not currently under active development.

Thanks for the info. If Android is not under active development, especially after all this time, you should probably remove any reference to it from the website and documentation. Perhaps a statement that there is no Android in development at this time is appropriate too. That might help stopping customers getting annoyed.

It is interesting you are ignoring a much larger market (Android) and only playing in the Apple ecosystem.

I actually pay attention to the time before it will expire and even if there are no changes, I still push out another update to keep it going (and try to do it at least a week in advance so a user isn't at a launch with no wifi or cellular...).

Yes I need to work on a real app store release. I wonder if Apple will want a tracker/GS to test the app with - else how will they know the app works...?
PLEASE release a non beta version! should something happen to you your product will cease to function- and that would be a real mess! Thanks- love the product!

Back