Favorite Tiny Desk Performances....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stealth6

insert witty tagline here
Reaction score
In the vein of the recent "Favorite Songs" and other such threads, here's a new one.

Essentially, what are your favorite NPR Tiny Desk concerts?

"Rules" are:
* List three to five of your top ones (or any number up to a maximum of five)
* Choose and list a specific song from the performances (there are usually three per concert, pick only one of them), and try to tell us the time marks of that song.
* These are mostly going to be actual NPR Tiny Desk videos, but there are other "Tiny Desk" videos in the same vein out there, which can be used if you want.
* If you can, please post the actual videos, so that we all can watch/listen and enjoy your picks and suggestions, and maybe get some new favs of our own.

Mine to start it off:

Fantastic Negrito - Lost in the Crowd, 0:01-5:23

Idles - I'm Scum 8:37-12:53

Lake Street Dive - I Don't Care About You 0:01-3:24

Moon Hooch - Tubes 0:01-4:12

John Paul White - What's So 8:31-12:57

s6

This should be an interesting thread.
Here are a few of my favorites.

Tedeschi Trucks Band - Anyhow 10:00

Natalia Lafourcade - Soledad y el Mar 0:00

Lucius - Turn it Around 8:10

Keb' Mo' - not quite the Tiny Desk but it is NPR

And don't forget Natalie Merchant, John Prine, Pixies. . .

Last edited:
Damien Jurado - Cloudy Shoes 0:08

Kurt Vile - Bassakwards 0:00

Death Cab for Cutie - Black Sun 0:00

Slowdive - Sugar for the Pill (different NPR set, same stripped down concept)

Run River North - Run or Hide 3:30

Other memorable performances on this show for me include Pedro the Lion, Julien Baker, The Cranberries, Sufjan Stevens Et al, The Roots, and Chance the Rapper. So many to pick from... I like the stripped down performances. It reminds me of seeing bands in coffeehouses, record stores, and basement shows.

Last edited:
The Andrew Bird one was good too. Not only is his whistling ability incredible, but the sound engineers captured it so well on this format.

Look up: Jackson Browne. And also Peter Frampton. Those are my two favorite Tiny Desk Concerts.
Peter now has a rare debilitating muscle disease, and can no longer play guitar.

Back