Faux Tres

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illini

Reaction score
Looks like a Tres. Smells like a Tres.... Here's something I'm building side-by-side with a genuine FlisKits Tres. Gap staged with 24mm booster stage and 18mm sustainer. Booster *should* blow the motor mount aft to destabilize for tumble recovery. Whatcha think?

Here are pics of Tres (right) and Faux Tres (left) side-by-side.

...and booster with motor tube in the ejected position.

Thanks! Roger on the walking. D12-0/C6-5 sims out at around 1400 ft. 900 feet with D12-0/A8-5. Thank God for streamers!

Submit it to the DOM contest! Heck, if you win the monthly contest those parts paid for themselves!

Very nice work. I'm looking forward to the finished product and flight report.

Thanks for the comments. Currently have 7 rockets in the finishing queue (4 FlisKits and 3 scratch builds), but hope to get these out and flying in February if it ever warms up enough. Will update when that happens.

...oh, and here's the Rocksim file if anyone's interested in taking a look.

Originally posted by illini868891
Thanks for the comments. Currently have 7 rockets in the finishing queue (4 FlisKits and 3 scratch builds), but hope to get these out and flying in February if it ever warms up enough. Will update when that happens.

BTW, the queue never ends! LOL! I think I have enough rockets in the queue to last me through retirement. At least you have winters to slow the flying season up for you. Gives you some time to focus on building.

Back