Fat Boy XL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DragonRocketry

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Fat Boy XL kit.

4” dia, 19.75” tall, 29mm or 38mm motor mount, single deployment. This kit includes decals. All you need to finish this kit is your recovery system

Weight 39oz

Recommended Chute DR-5 or DR-H36

F52T - 450'

G53FJ - 650'

G64W - 1000'

G76G - 1000'

4in FATBOY XL.jpg

486157-f0f2727829d7ad8f58abcc9d9eb6b5f9.jpg

I’d love to see an affordable 7” or larger for L3 attempts! I could scratch build but that nose cone…

Okay I am out of stock but will have more soon. The hold up is the nose cone as these take 10 hours to print and I only have one printer now. I do have another printer ordered. Thank you all for your support.

Wish Alien enterprises was still around as they made a fiberglass cone. To print one that size would take a lot of hours. I may do a 5.5" dia with a 54mm motor mount.
I’d be interested if it is at an affordable price point. The price point of your 4” is very tempting!

I’d be interested if it is at an affordable price point. The price point of your 4” is very tempting!
After I get my second printer, I will look at doing the 5.5" one. Price not sure yet till I figure all the parts out but will be kept reasonable.

I am going to have 2 nose cones ready later today. Do you guys want 38mm or 29mm kits. I have enough parts cut to do 3 of each but not nose cones.

Does the Sandman still turn out nose cones. It's been awhile, but I had him make me some smaller mid power cones. Not sure if he has restrictions on the size of nose cones he can make?

There is two 38mm listed on the site. I will have some 29mm tomorrow evening.

My God, I ordered it today, UPS alerted me it will be arriving tomorrow! That's amazing!!!
It will not be there tomorrow as they have not picked it up yet. it will leave here tomorrow. There notification system stinks

Back