Fastset Gel

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty Dog

Reaction score
I use Bob Smith water thin CA. I see BS makes some thicker CA. I have not used BS gel, but I am using this gel I got from my bro-inlaws sport shop.Its called Fastset Gel, superior nock & vane adhesive. Its made by, Arizona Archery Enterprises. AAE. Now, I cannt compare it to BS gel BUT! This AAE stuff is the bomb!! It is strong,strong,strong stuff. I did a test and glued a piece of balsa to a piece of plastic and the wood broke before the glue joint. Its pressure senative. Its quick. Just thought I would thro that factoid out there. Scotty Dog

I use Bob Smith water thin CA. I see BS makes some thicker CA. I have not used BS gel, but I am using this gel I got from my bro-inlaws sport shop.Its called Fastset Gel, superior nock & vane adhesive. Its made by, Arizona Archery Enterprises. AAE. Now, I cannt compare it to BS gel BUT! This AAE stuff is the bomb!! It is strong,strong,strong stuff. I did a test and glued a piece of balsa to a piece of plastic and the wood broke before the glue joint. Its pressure senative. Its quick. Just thought I would thro that factoid out there. Scotty Dog

i've used CA gel for a few years now, and it does grab and set very strongly.
but over time the CA becomes brittle, so I use CA gel only to tack things in place and then use normal white glue for fillets etc. Have not had any problems with joins and some of the rockets are at least 10 year old now and had dozens of flights. Also the gel gives of less fumes than normal CA

Back