Faraday Cage and Rocket with Payload

MrJuker

Reaction score
Hi, we're working on a rocket with payload, and wanna check this rocket on computer during the rocket is flying (i mean check altitude, temperature, pressure etc). And i see this phenomenia "Faraday Cage" effect on electronic stuffs, radio frewuency and i remember we're using aluminum on rocket body tube. So i mean; is this faraday cage effecting our rocket and we can't collect the data if we using aluminum for body tube? Or this think is completely bulls**t?

cerving

Owner, Eggtimer Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, we're working on a rocket with payload, and wanna check this rocket on computer during the rocket is flying (i mean check altitude, temperature, pressure etc). And i see this phenomenia "Faraday Cage" effect on electronic stuffs, radio frewuency and i remember we're using aluminum on rocket body tube. So i mean; is this faraday cage effecting our rocket and we can't collect the data if we using aluminum for body tube? Or this think is completely bulls**t?
Maybe you could make the entire rocket your antenna... that could be fun to design.

MrJuker

Reaction score
You will need to put an antenna outside of your tube. Is not bs.
so if i choose different material only partial tube (wherever electronic devices are) for this stuff, and choose Al for other parts (remaining body tube,fin,motor mount etc.), my problem will solved without antenna? i ask it cuz antenna is gonna be problem i think, apogee is about 5000ft and max speed .57 mach, is it break off with wind?

jderimig

Sponsor
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
so if i choose different material only partial tube (wherever electronic devices are) for this stuff, and choose Al for other parts (remaining body tube,fin,motor mount etc.), my problem will solved without antenna? i ask it cuz antenna is gonna be problem i think, apogee is about 5000ft and max speed .57 mach, is it break off with wind?
Yes you can make a section out of fiberglass and have your transmitting antenna there. Or hang a wire antenna out of a hole.

MrJuker

Reaction score
[QUOTE = "Steve Shannon, gönderi: 1971529, üye: 8057"] Veya roketin tamamını fiberglastan yapın. [/ QUOTE]

+1 my desing idea same

Usta başlıktaki olayı duyduk ve tasarımı değiştirmeye karar verdik, bu konularda da ortalama bir bilgiye sahibiz, bu konuda tartışmak için sizinle irtibata geçme şansım var mı?