Fantastic exchange rates for us brits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arthur dent

Reaction score
Its a great time for buying model rockets from across the pond.We are nearly getting $2 for our £1.It's a good chance to get some of the kits which ar'nt as available over here in blighty.For example the PML amraam 2 works out at around £35 inc. Air shipping from the U.S. but over here its over £50.Now thats what i call a bargain:) :)

I seriously dislike you Brits and yer pounds!

Cheerio's! (did I say that right?) :p

Jason

Jason,

What's wrong with Cheerio's...I like Cheerios , especially with a sliced banana!

Yum!

Helps lower your cholesterol!

Nuthin's wrong with Cheerios! They kick booty when it comes to cereal! I was just trying to put a play on words for Arthur to see what'd he say.

Jason

I don't think you need the "s" on the end.

Toodle pip.

I say, it's just not cricket, what? Johnny foreigner having a larf at our expressions.

What does make me chuckle is the English accents portrayed in films and TV from over there. It's either BBC/Lord Snooty, Dick van Dyke cockney or something thats probably more Aussie. Apart from that girl in Frasier you never get a REAL accent and there's never an 'Eh up' or a 'sithee' to be heard.

;)

Now even my wife admits, the all time best Brit character in the U.S. has to be Simon from Frasier! He's got to be the most down to earth character I saw in years, being a pub crawling-soccer hooligan.

And what's with all of the cross-accents? Kate Winslet playing an american in Titanic. "Whats-her-name" in Bridget Jones Diary. Kate Beckinsale . . . etc. Can't we find actors/actresses in our own countries?

Originally posted by akpilot
Now even my wife admits, the all time best Brit character in the U.S. has to be Simon from Frasier! He's got to be the most down to earth character I saw in years, being a pub crawling-soccer hooligan.

Oh Great ... so if we're not all Noel Coward soundalikes then we're alcoholic football hooligans :(

BTW - Don't think I've ever met a football hooligan called Simon .. they're usually Gaz or Baz or Daz :D

(or in rugby union they'd be Justin, Timothy, Alexander ? )

Back