Fancy Nose Cone Catalog Chat Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jqavins

Слава Україні
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Use this thread to chat about the fancy nose cone catalog project.

I was looking at a design over in the Plans forum that I might want to steal adopt with some modifications. One such modification might be the nose cone. Something appropriately sci-fi-like that I could buy rather than assemble. from smaller pieces. "What's out on the market? How can I find out?" Then I remembered the one below, which is part of the Estes sci-fi pack, and would do nicely in this design.
View attachment 511740
OK, but if that one hadn't popped up in my memory (a very unreliable source) it would be nice to have a list to pick from.

Now, before anyone else mentions it, we all know that 3D printing makes all sorts of fancy nose cones possible. There are, nevertheless, reasons that a catalog would be a good idea, mainly:
1) browsing a catalog is good when you don't really know exactly what you want,
B) we don't all have the CAD skill to design something for 3D printing,
iii) we don't all have access to printers, and
c) it's just easier to just buy something.

So, let's start. Let's make a thread into a catalog of off-the-shelf available fancy nose cones, sci-fi and otherwise. Post catalog items as replies to this, and I'll add them to the catalog thread.

Here's the catalog thread, but please don't reply to it; keep replies here.

Last edited:
Since you included some Apollo / Gemini..

Semroc Balsa Nose Cone BT-60 3.0" Capsule SEM-BNC-60AK eRockets Link

1648672742084.png 1648673151210.png

I developed some wraps to apply to make the capsule look more like the Mercury Capsule. Just print these out on regular paper, cut them out and glue them on. More details can be found here.

1648672905962.png 1648672861918.png TLR-2 REV 01 Sheet 8 of 8.pdf.jpg

Last edited:
Back