Fabric Store Find

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troj

Wielder Of the Skillet Of Harsh Discipline
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Was at the fabric store with Deb, when I found this

Gonna fly it :)

image-3395580972.jpg

I've been meaning to buy one of those for so long! Looks like you beat me to it. It looks to me like a good candidate for 24mm reloads, hmm?

Rocketbuilder said:
I've been meaning to buy one of those for so long! Looks like you beat me to it. It looks to me like a good candidate for 24mm reloads, hmm?

Sounds about right

Can't wait to see what you do with it!

I bought three at Michaels. Here are two of 'em. One became a nose cone for the 'Raygun Gothic HoJo'. The 'HoJo' has 4 24mm mounts and, now, 4 24mm outboards.

The other, the 'Raygun Gothic Birdhouse', has a single 24mm mount and large clear fins. My previous attempt at a rocket with this shape was unstable, so I wasn't taking any chances!

The names came from the Raygun Gothic Rocketship that was built for Burning Man and is now on display in San Francisco.

raygun gothic hojo painted 009 (Medium).jpg

raygun gothic rockets 005 (Large).jpg

raygunrockets 001 (Medium).jpg

raygunrockets 003 (Medium).jpg

I got one for Christmas. It's all painted, but not flyable yet. Great fun.

Now just imagine-you are new to the neighborhood and you find the perfect place. Move in, rearrange the furniture just right, decide to fix a snack only to find you're outta bugs. You step out the door at 500 mph.....

I have one to build. I have seen a couple bird houses that could be used for nose cone or rocket.

Now just imagine-you are new to the neighborhood and you find the perfect place. Move in, rearrange the furniture just right, decide to fix a snack only to find you're outta bugs. You step out the door at 500 mph.....

So you step back in the house and order out. After only a short delay you'll have barbecued wings........

I've built several others. A stubby, wide hexagonal one, 29mm with Lexan fins. A stubby round one, 6 canted 24mm mounts with the fins on the end of a long dowel. The latter boosted great but didn't do so well on recovery. There is also a short rocket shaped one out there. I converted this to 24mm but it separated and the body, with my 24/40 case is resting somewhere in a bean field :(

I personally like the larger scale-like fins vs. my clear ones. Maybe I'll replace them when I'm in dire need of a project this winter.

Oh yesh.....
These have great potential. Purchased several last year, one is being altered to fly, one is going to have a clock installed in it and the others will patiently wait their turn.

I seen one of these at LDRS this year. I did not buy them when I seen at the store (too many projects already). Looking at these, I kinda wish I got one. Oh well. I did buy a couple wood bird houses and 'flower pots' that looked like nice nose cones.

Back