eyebolts?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radiO

Reaction score
whay is there always little eyebolts next to the misc rocketry stuff at my hobby store? the only thing i can come up with is something for shock cords???:confused:

...eyebolts and "u-bolts" are your friend when doing MPR and HPR.

One on the the top centering ring and one in the shoulder of the cone. U-bolts are often used in place of the lower eyebolt on bigger rockets since they will hold more weight. The big boys often use forged eyebolts.

Back in the day of balsa NCs, a screw eye was used. It was pointed and threaded, as opposed to an actual bolt and nut arrangment.

they usualy attach where the shockcord loacations are...i.e. base of payload section if your rocket has one, and at the top centering ring of the booster. If your booster uses the "anti-zipper" design, then it will attach to the upper bulkhead. These are anchor locations for the shockcord for recovery.

Originally posted by rbeckey
Back in the day of balsa NCs, a screw eye was used. It was pointed and threaded, as opposed to an actual bolt and nut arrangment.

Still have some laying around in the small parts bin....and I have a couple of balsa Flis cones...guess I should use them.

I have a few also. I LIKE balsa NCs! I would not be surprised to learn, however, that some newer folks had not ever seen one. Hopefully they will visit one of our vendors and get an education.

Back